• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not new to Mopars, but definitely new to B bodies

74_road_runner

Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

Brand new to this group, but I've been a Gold member over on FABO since 2020. Any of you who might go both ways (lol) might know me as 67fish383S over there.

Anyway, I'm new here because up until this past weekend, I was exclusively an A body guy. I am super-geeked to say that is no longer the case. I was able to score a 20k mile survivor (in about the truest sense of the word) 1974 Road Runner:

IMG_4878.jpg

I made a deal for a trade with a dealer (Southern Motors) which some may think was absolutely nuts of me to do, but I could not be happier. I traded my real H code numbers engine 1971 Duster 340 4-speed V24 tribute. It was a mildly resto-modded, but mostly factory looking car when it came to me, and I made it a way better car in the time I had it. BUT, it was missing the all-magical fender tag and any build sheets there may have been, which made it incredibly difficult to sell for what I perceived to be it's worth.

IMG_E7608.JPG

IMG_9211.JPG

The reasons for my wanting to move the Duster were two-fold. 1st and foremost, space in my barn is at a premium. I can at best shoehorn three cars into it over the winter. I also own a '67 Barracuda Fastback Formula S 383 4-speed (which I will be buried in, lol) and a '73 Valiant /6 crew cab that I am in the middle of completely mechanically restoring. Those cars are going nowhere and because the driving experience of the Barracuda and Duster were so similar, it was the obvious choice to be rehomed. When the opportunity arose for me to do just that and also get my hands on a B body, I jumped at the chance. No regrets whatsoever.

SLNQ1181.JPG

IMG_2194.jpg
IMG_4039.jpg

So that is my story. I am looking forward to interacting in this forum and getting to know a whole new flavor of Mopar people. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Welcome from the central coast of Cal. I have two b's myself. A 65 project and a 67 driver.

IMG_5143.jpeg

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_5746.jpeg

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Very nice.

Welcome. I subscribed to Southern Motors channel years ago. Perhaps you can start a thread on the purchase experience? I might buy a car from them someday.

Welcome from Alabama, I'm on all three forums A,B,&C, but spend the most time here.

Auto Transport Service
Back