• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure which diff I have, I I think an 8.25?

OneWheelPeel

Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
After looking around and even finding an image with an ID chart I'm still not quite sure what I have. The amount of bolts on the cover is correct but the image doesn't really match, can someone confirm?

The ID chart:
diff_ID.jpg

What I have:
20240921_133947.jpg

I'd like to figure out what the potential is for this diff, even tho if I ever spice up the power its won't go over 400. Something like a mild 360 sometime down the road.

That drawing infers that the 8 and 1/4" axle cover is oval shaped and elongated. It is not. It is slightly oval but not to the degree that the drawing suggests.

That drawing infers that the 8 and 1/4" axle cover is oval shaped and elongated. It is not. It is slightly oval but not to the degree that the drawing suggests.
7 1/4 and 8/14 appear in the drawing show fill rubber plugs but I’ve never seen an 8 1/4 with that best of my knowledge

The truck axles often had that rubber plug. 9 1/4" axles have them, at least the one in my 2007 truck does.

2007-16.JPG

Always remember 8 1/4 and 7 1/4 but not that plug. All the cover bolts.

The OP's wide-angle lens relatively close up is giving us some fisheye distortion of the 8.25" cover, and the drawing is misdrawn, IMO.

The OP's wide-angle lens relatively close up is giving us some fisheye distortion of the 8.25" cover, and the drawing is misdrawn, IMO.
This is a little further out. For the drawing I wondered if it was wrong or just there are variations of this rear that isn't covered by the drawing?
20240921_134123.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back