• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now It's Hurricane Olaf Threatening the Neighborhood

Dibbons

Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
According to the forecast, going to be windy at least. Anyone have a friend named "Olaf"?

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.21.41 PM.png

My Dad's middle name is Olaf. My grandpa's name was Olaf Jalmer, and then there was of course his dad, Olaf Olafson.

I was spared.

upload_2021-9-10_21-0-26.png

Popular in the Nordic region.

Hunker down stay dry & safe, down there...

good luck

Olaf update: Broken window in the front door of the rented apartment downtown. No visible damage to the property where the retirement home is half-built. A total of 6 vehicles undamaged. A couple of picket fences in the neighborhood fell over and one tree tipped over down the street. Must have been just tropical storm force winds that hit here in La Paz. Arrived about 2:00 AM and local power was turned off a couple of hours before that. Power was out about 24 hours, depending on location. Photo displays wind history:

Screen shot 2021-09-11 at 6.56.14 AM.png

Olaf update: Broken window in the front door of the rented apartment downtown. No visible damage to the property where the retirement home is half-built. A total of 6 vehicles undamaged. A couple of picket fences in the neighborhood fell over and one tree tipped over down the street. Must have been just tropical storm force winds that hit here in La Paz. Arrived about 2:00 AM and local power was turned off a couple of hours before that. Power was out about 24 hours, depending on location. Photo displays wind history:

View attachment 1165024

How much rain?

Good you faired well :thumbsup:

not much damage at all :bananadance:

We have funny bubbles in the Atlantic
D1B03E31-7F61-41F0-AB50-054A5150A651.png

Auto Transport Service
Back