• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd adds on craigs list

67440chrg

Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Wondering if people are looking to get a car stolen for insurance or just not smart. There are a set of old junk wooden saw horses for $5 for sale with a real nice late 60s camaro right behind it in full view. I have seen this several times. Maybe I am just paranoid about my car.

Wondering if people are looking to get a car stolen for insurance or just not smart. There are a set of old junk wooden saw horses for $5 for sale with a real nice late 60s camaro right behind it in full view. I have seen this several times. Maybe I am just paranoid about my car.
No, I just think you're smarter than the one posting the ad. Whenever I have someone coming to my place, my shop door is closed unless I have something that can't be moved outside without a hassle. I'm also armed.....

People like the show off their stuff. It’s really not a good idea. I meet at a gas station or store driving a late model driver car. Nobody comes over.

It don't matter much to me I got lost of fire power around!
I also speak with people that come before hand if there not like minded people I usually don't sell to them .here lately I put god bless America and god bless trump!
You be surprised how many people will not buy from you saying that one phrase! Witch is fine by me . It keeps people away that I don't like!
If there petty about that I don't want to talk to them!

People like the show off their stuff. It’s really not a good idea. I meet at a gas station or store driving a late model driver car. Nobody comes over.
I've done that too but got tired of the no shows but if there's something that I'm selling that's small and expensive, I'll meet at my credit union. Done that with jewelry before when I was married....

Yeah I tell people to meet at police department if there not comfortable with selling at there house!

I might mention I have police officer two house over fbi agent two the other way multiple war vets next door across street.... Cameras everywhere on this street.

or post photos of the stuff, in bad lighting, just dirty, rusty,
a bunch of junk all around the stuff

(& I'm probably one of the worst photographers, I don't even do that)

some people really don't think much, that post on Craigslist
because it's free, they are listing a $5 part
how many of them ads are bait & switch BS too
or outright scams

I've never had any issues selling on Craigslist
I have NOT sold anything in years either

but;
I also don't have stuff in the listing or photos
that has nothing to do 'with the sale'

think about the demographic, type of person
that is selling stuff for $5, what neighborhood it's in etc.

think, is the operative word

I've sold a couple things on CL, more often on ebay and have never had anyone come to my house that I don't know. I've met at a busy gas station by me having cameras or the post office selling or buying stuff. It's a shame we have to be cautious but one scum suck planting a bomb in his shoe caused mega-millions of us to have to take off our footwear at the TSA check points...

I'm another that likes to meet with folks at a very public, obvious location when doing deals.
Where we're at, nobody comes up the ridge unless I know they're coming - and there's no way
anyone mistakenly comes this way, even from bad GPS instructions.

That said, upon occasion I have been known to let certain shady looking FBBO characters come up the hill...
eh @Beekeeper ? :)

Auto Transport Service
Back