• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old salvage yard owners

65DODGE

Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
i went to a old salvage yard today thats been around for quite a few years i had never been there before but someone i know had been there a couple months ago and he was allowed to look around and he found what he was looking for ,the guy has quite a few old cars of all makes and models according to my friend theres an AAR cuda on top of one of the piles of cars , so i went there today to see if i could look to see if he had any old mopars for parts or sale he immediately said he doesnt want to sell anything parts or complete cars he's leaving them the way they are and he wouldnt let me look around i could see a lot of dusters and a charger from the road, my question is this why does it seem that these old yards that may have some neat old cars in them are always owned by some strange eccentric :confused:guy that would rather see it go to waste than let someone buy a part or sell it very strange guy, i guess i'll have to wait and go back with my friend that was allowed out there to look around before or maybe he wont allow him back there again who knows? any one have any storys of similar old salvage yards and there eccentric owners?

Check this place out, Stephens Auto Salvage, 9321 Hwy 207 Anderson AL 256-247-1332, 70 acres of Mopars, and they will let you look all you want and buy what ever your little hearts desire.

Ted Stephens

I run into that **** all the time. It is really frustrating I know.

It's common, way too common,.....I guess all old salvage yard owners take classes to learn how to be Eccentric and Cantankerous. :edgy:

Another sad part about it is that some people ruin it for everyone. You get people that go in and leave hoods up or doors open on decent cars with good parts, and people that tare up more parts than they pay for. So that puts a bad taste in the owners mouth on everyone. Plus the A holes that pack out more than they buy! So that is what makes it hard for everyone. Matt

When I lived in North Carolina, there was this old Junk Yard in a tiny little town (consisted of a junkyard, gas station, church, and drag strip...God bless the south!), called Pink Hill, close to Kinston, NC.
The old guy that ran it could barely walk and had four hound dogs he talked to like they were his drinking buddies (told em to say thank you, close the door behind you..kinda funny). There was also always some strange looking dude in the corner who wouldn't say a word. Anyway, couldn't hardly understand a word out of the old man's mouth with his bad southern draw and he wasn't a big fan of my northern accent. " I don't sell part's to Yanks!" Whoa! put down the musket Johnny Reb! I explained to him I was stationed a bit down the road and was not use to seeing so many classic cars in a junk yard. I told him I would hand over some loot just to walk around. After spending 10 minutes comparing at how we pronounced things (like "boat" to him was "bout" and my version was "boht"), I could sense his mind was changing. I think him and his dogs got a good laugh out of it.
He let me in (for free) seeing I was patriot and was using my god given right to protect good ol' dixie. I spent most of the day hobbling around with him, spent a bunch of time just sitting and dreaming in old cuda's, chargers, GTO's, fairlanes, some old chevelles and even a Henry J and a Willys coupe. He had a 67 Coronet R/T roller he would sell me for 400 bucks. Even had a 69 GTX with the engine for $900. Being in the military and a E-3 at the time, my budget was used up by beer, smokes, women, gas, and dominos pizza. Never did get either. I did end up getting two fenders and a hood for my Coronet for $50 bucks and a six pack of Milwaukee's Best Light (at least I know that one person that drinks it). Yes, beer is worth more than money.

Anyway, last time I was there was about 7 years ago, don't know if the good ol' boy is even still around. It might be worth someone's time to check it out if you live around that area.

The last all Mopar yard I was at the guy that owned the place was never there but he gave you a price called his yard man and told him I was coming when I got there the price was different. This ticked me off as I drove two or so hours to the place. I needed the front end for my Challenger it went from $50 to $350 and then he wanted me to cut it off. The guy was an a$$ and I told him so and I called the owner the when I got home. The guy said he thought this wasnt the first as he had a few other calls the guy was pocking the other money.

I went back a year later to get some more parts and look around they had a 68 or 69 Coronet R/T numbers matching needing work. The quarters where the only bad spot on it. The price on the window was I think $1500 and again the yard guy said $4000. The owner wouldnt answer my call and the guy wouldnt budge on the price and I had to walk from it.

If my memory serves me correct after having the stroke it was a green car, black top and white bucket seats. This car also had the rump stripe.

The guys at the yard had a lot of good mopars that could have been restored a lot of E body cars to B body and A body. I was told the guy that owned the place was offered a lot of money (to him) to crush them all and he did.

I cant confirm it as I never went back after the last and if I had to deal with the yard man again I just wasnt going to do that.

Does anyong know who the guy is in Atlanta GA who has an all MOPAR yard

I hate it when people walk on cars, .........nothing is more annoying that going to a yard and finding a good hood or deck lid that you need that some azz hole has ruined by walking and standing on it. :mad:

I know of a yard owner who throws people out for it. I can't blame him. He also has a tons of old Mopars, and he hates most all Mopar guys because a couple Northern boys tried to rip him off about 20 years ago, They drove their truck into the yard and loaded up the tool box and tried to sneak out. Other than me a couple others, He doesn't even let Mopar guys roam the yards any more. He has 4 separate yards and an estimated 12,500 to 15,000 cars total.

We had a junk yard just a mile or so away from me.
He had it all from model t's to bugs and everything
in between. When he died, his daughter came in with
a crusher and when through the yard crushing everything
in sight. I think of the sad waste of money and parts that
went to make soup cans.
Bill

Personally, No, but I got a friend who does.

I'm looking for a bumper for a 64 Dodge Polara 500, it is a driver, don't need to spend 400-500 for a new crome job, looking for a, in good shape, used one.
The one I have is a little beat up, but I think a new recromed one will make the front bumper look out of place. It is in really good shape.
A couple of guys told me the guy in Atlanta would be the one to have one if there is one out there used and in good shape.

Are there any Mopar yards in the New England area or in Northern Jersey?

I know of a yard closed 10 years ago. and you cant get in. I can see some dusters from outside and it kills me.

How about this yard...

Are there any Mopar yards in the New England area or in Northern Jersey?

In so-cal all you see in bone years are old Hondas and toyotas...
i did come across a old guy with a couple of nice mopars in his yard, i hit him up but he would let them go at any price... ...
it's sad to think that lime cuda is just sitting there returning to the earth while the patio cover is falling apart and raining down on it's roof...

1007091344.jpg

100_2899.jpg

100_2897.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back