• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

P5153525 Mopar Performance Manifold - Why is it not available anymore??

mslisaj

Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
Like many folks on this forum I too have been looking for almost a year now for this Mopar Performance manifold for my 65 Satellite. I'm about ready to order the Edelbrock out of desperation but I truly would like the Mopar manifold on my old school Plymouth. I just thought I would ask all your folks if anyone knew what happened to this product. The internet performance stores all still have it on their websites but it is listed as backordered and they will let you know when they get it. As I mentioned I have been on these lists waiting but no one has any idea if and when these will become available and at this point in my life I may not live long enough to have my ordered filled.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions and post.

Why? You'd have to ask the European overlords that own what's left of Mopar that one....
Bottom line is, short of them selling off the Mopar Performance rights, it's not likely to ever
see production again.

Thanks again you guys for taking your time to respond to my questions here. It didn't dawn on me Mopar Performance and Chrysler/Fiat connection. Who'd ever think to have those two names together but that is where we are today.

Also BeepBeepRR your correct but they only keep your information for 6 months and then dump the request. I've renewed it of course and called too and I get the same answer from Jegs and Summit that "they have no idea" when these parts will be available again. I've even tried to contact the "dealers" that advertise the manifold but no one has them. So I'm just going to have to go Edelbrock to get one.

I really wanted the Mopar badged one as it would go along with my "Direction Connection" front license plate on the car but I'm just too old and late to the party I guess.

When I was researching these manifolds they were almost identical so I will just have to bite the bullet and order the Edlebrock.

Thanks again for answering my questions here. I appreciate it.

Like many folks on this forum I too have been looking for almost a year now for this Mopar Performance manifold for my 65 Satellite. I'm about ready to order the Edelbrock out of desperation but I truly would like the Mopar manifold on my old school Plymouth. I just thought I would ask all your folks if anyone knew what happened to this product. The internet performance stores all still have it on their websites but it is listed as backordered and they will let you know when they get it. As I mentioned I have been on these lists waiting but no one has any idea if and when these will become available and at this point in my life I may not live long enough to have my ordered filled.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions and post.
There have been people ask for those here before. The Parts Wanted ads were marked "found" so it's a good sign they found one. Place an ad here. May be someone has one on the shelf they would sell.

When I was researching these manifolds they were almost identical so I will just have to bite the bullet and order the Edlebrock.
Almost? Functionally they are the same... Edelbrock made both of them... Mopar just had a different name/logo cast onto theirs...

They are the same.

And the question is whether or not Chrysler has ordered them, or Eldelbrock or the manufacturer isn’t ready to have them made.

Is it the logo you’re after? Consider grinding off the Edelbrock logo if that gets you closer to what you want.

Last edited:
If Edelbrock did make them with the Mopar logo like Randy mentioned, the price from MP was most likely brutal. Therefore, lack of sales and eventual discontinuing the item. Mopar does the same thing with Cummins parts. WAAAY less money to buy the Cummins parts from Cummins. The vacuum pump for my Jake Brake was almost double from Mopar.

They are the same.

And the question is whether or not Chrysler has ordered them, or Eldelbrock or the manufacturer isn’t ready to have them made.

Is it the logo you’re after? Consider grinding off the Edelbrock logo if that gets you closer to what you want.

I went with the "it's stock, trust me" look... Edelbrock logo gone, cast in brackets trimmed... Once everything was shaped how I wanted it I went back with a needle scaler and textured all the ground & blended areas... Once painted it will be invisible...

Manifold.jpg2.jpg

Manifold.jpg1.jpg

Manifold.jpg4.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back