• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pain in the butt radiator

alsant

Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
We’ll have to put a new radiator in my 2015 JGC , what a nightmare ! Plastic junk ! 100,000 miles and sprung a leak where the plastic meets the core . Last time I had to do this was on my 1976 Olds Delta 88. I will not be buying any new vehicle again , plastic everything. If for some reason my JGC is lost to an Accident I will be getting something older like a 1997 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins . Just getting the fan out of the way was a pain in my a$$ !

Sorry to vent !

Guess what……..those radiators are built the same way.

It’s like a maze , plastic clips everywhere to navigate , they are not the same ! Plastic plastic plastic clips attached to the radiator. I have the hemi so space is tight , the ac coil rests on the the radiator clips on the bottom. Was able to get it out the bottom of the vehicle , same going in . I can just imagine what it would cost from the dealer ? They take the front bumper off

Preach on brother!
I spent some 'quality time':rolleyes: yesterday replacing the OEM radiator in my 105K-mile 5.7 '04 Ram due to a crack.
It wasn't super terrible, but still....plastic tanks WTF!

Yeah I’m frustrated about all the plastic crap ! Hopefully you had more room to work with then me.

Auto Transport Service
Back