• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passenger side mirror

Big Al's GTX

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
I'm beginning to fix little things that need fixing on my 69 GTX
and I'm going to need some help from the members here on this forum
Can anyone guide me on installing the passenger side mirror on my GTX
any help will be much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance Big Al.

Other than finding a good location where the mirror will work and the wing vent window won't hit it, drilling holes in you door is hard to do. Like they say in carpentry: Measure twice, cut once. THe right hand mirrors look better than they work.

100_6001.JPG

027.JPG

My Challenger has the factory RH and LH mirrors. The RH one is next to useless.
My rubbish vision does not help.
I would not bother adding one to a car that didn't have one originally.

I have a factory right hand on my '69 GTX. It looks nice, but is completely worthless. It matches the factory remote mirror on the driver's side, but has limited provision for adjustment. It's your car, but if it didn't come that way from the factory, I'd vote to leave it original, rather than risk messing up an original door.

Last edited:
The passenger side factory mirrors are adjustable. I installed one because I found them useful.
I adjusted my driver’s seat to my liking then had a friend move the mirror around until it cleared the vent window and could be adjusted. I believe that the factory might have included installation instructions to the dealership.
I use the mirror mainly to see what is in the right side lane.

My '67 Coronet came without one. I got one that matched the driver perfectly. Installed it to same measurements as driver. I have limo tint n 4 levels of my spine fused so turning my head n looking back doesn't work. The mirror works very well and is a huge plus when backing my boat down the launch.

Auto Transport Service
Back