• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phil Donahue won't be down for breakfast

Married to Marlo Thomas. RIP Phil.

I've absolutely used his signature "aim the mic at the guest in a dramatic manner" after asking a question (even though they are likely covered by a boom mic) gesture.

Wow, another celebrity gone.
R.I.P.
Had a good run, with his television show.
Remember watching it, years past.

God bless his family.

"Donahue’s family requested that donations be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or the Phil Donahue/Notre Dame Scholarship Fund in lieu of flower"

He was a radio dj in the late 60's in Adrian, Michigan. the go to town to get supplies when I was growing up. RIP Phil.

He and Mike Douglas were pioneers of call-in talk shows and "shock" programming.

Well think we all are moving up in line. Going to do like Elvis burry me in my Runner. LOL.

“I was fired because I did not support the invasion of Iraq,” he added. “I thought I was going to be a hit because I was different. Everybody else was beating the war drums. I wanted to get on the air and say, 'Why are you doing this?’”

Donahue said the firing essentially ended his TV career.

Auto Transport Service
Back