• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photos and some measurements for bucket seat tracks?

furious70

Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any laying loose and could take a couple photos of them and measurements?
I'm adapting some Dodge omni buckets to my 72 Sat that was a bench.
The measurement of the holes that bolt to the seats would help.
And then the height of the tracks at each of the bolts that go into the floor.
Thanks!

Also, the width of the mounting holes on the seats themselves would be helpful

I do not have any OEM buckets, no.

I'm interested in the measurements of the OEM buckets to see if they are the same as the Omni buckets I'm using.

This will help me understand if the OEM tracks are useful to me.

I do not have any OEM buckets, no.

I'm interested in the measurements of the OEM buckets to see if they are the same as the Omni buckets I'm using.

This will help me understand if the OEM tracks are useful to me.
Why not make your own custom mounts? I have some factory 70 buckets with 6 way. Could try and get to shed to measure if others don’t chime in.

In my experience, the track with changed for the K/G/L cars.
It's wider.
I have a real nice set of 400/600 seats that look extremely similar to 67 B body seats.
Some sort of adapter will need to be fabricated, possibly as simple as a flat bar on one side, to get the tracks to go in the factory floorboard holes, and the mounting points on the seats.
IIRC it's close to 2 inches.
Of course, the other option is to simply drill the holes in the floor different.
However, because it's 2", it's noticeably off center if you try to use one set of existing holes.

I seem to remember the front to back spacing of the bolts from the seat to the track was the same.
I'd have to dig them out to verify, though.

The seat frame dimensions are 14-5/8" center to center at the rear, 14-3/4" in front, and both sides are 12" center to center front to back.

IMG_3887.JPG
IMG_3888.JPG
IMG_3889.JPG

In my experience, the track with changed for the K/G/L cars.
It's wider.
I have a real nice set of 400/600 seats that look extremely similar to 67 B body seats.
Some sort of adapter will need to be fabricated, possibly as simple as a flat bar on one side, to get the tracks to go in the factory floorboard holes, and the mounting points on the seats.
IIRC it's close to 2 inches.
Of course, the other option is to simply drill the holes in the floor different.
However, because it's 2", it's noticeably off center if you try to use one set of existing holes.
Outer bench mounting channel should be long enough to drill but inward ones will be a challenge on my eyes. My car bench and then my 70 buckets and when I did my pans went back to bench in 91

I had those seats before I got my wagon.
Was thinking about using them in the Coronet, and started working on them to make them work.
Put on the back burner when I decided not to drill a bunch of holes in the virgin floorboards and contemplated keeping the bench.

That was 2006-ish.

Now that I have the wagon, and it's dented, rusted floorboards to play around with, I'm thinking about digging those seats out to use at least temporarily in it.

Not a "today project", though, for sure.

The outer bench holes are the same for buckets. There are two dimples on the floor pan where the inners go. Add a reinforcement plate to them!

I see the dimples!
And the seats seem to have the same dimensions based on the above, which is handy.
I have OEM reinforcement plates from a rusty car.
The next trick is mounted height.
I put Mirada buckets in my 70 fury in 1999 cuz I preferred high backs to the OEM ones. Everything was the same measurements on them except I sit a little high in them with the OEM tracks. Was not enough to bother doing something custom.

The stock heights for the bucket rails are 1-3/4" for the outer measured without the bisket. The inner is 3" in the front measured at the stud, and 3-1/4"

Edit: dumb typo

Last edited:
The stock heights for the bucket rails are 3-1/2" for the outer measured without the bisket. The inner is 3" in the front measured at the stud, and 3-1/4"
The outer is taller than the inner? But the outer floor is raised compared to the inner?

The outer is shorter. 1-3/4" I have no idea what I was thinking when I said 3-1/2" I fixed the post.

My recollection is the outer IS slightly taller than the inner.

The inner is partially on the rise of the tunnel, plus it has the reinforcement bracket.

Auto Transport Service
Back