• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Pump

CafnutS

Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
I have the attached power steering pump. All the O-rings have been replaced. My cap has a small hole on the top and power steering fluid come out (second pic). I thought it was a breathing hole for the pump. I don't know if this makes a difference but I have a hydro booster system for my power steering. Do I just need to buy a new cap?

I thank you all in advance,
Ed

Screenshot 2024-06-28 185402.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Power steering fluid shouldn't come out. How are your levels? If the level is too low and it starts foaming, it will rise to the top and come out. Same thing if there's a restriction causing cavitation. But usually you'll hear the pump whining in both of those cases.

Power steering fluid shouldn't come out. How are your levels? If the level is too low and it starts foaming, it will rise to the top and come out. Same thing if there's a restriction causing cavitation. But usually you'll hear the pump whining in both of those cases.
How about the hole in the cap?

Auto Transport Service
Back