• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on AMD wheel openings for 1970 Coronet/Superbee

Ed0301

Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased and installed wheel open molding's on their 1970 Coronet or Superbee from AMD? I have a 1970 Bee. Purchased from original owner in 1978. (senior in HS at time) The wheel open moldings are listed to fit for 1968 to 1970 Coronet/Superbee in AMD catalog. I know the mounting screws were changed in 1970 from 1969. They are slightly smaller and the starting tips are different. This is confirmed in David Wise's Guide to B-body fasteners 68-70. (wealth of information by the way). In the 1970-71 parts manual from Chrysler a new part number was given to the front wheel openings. (3419868-9) actually listed as a package. In Paul Herd's book Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Restoration Guide he mention's that the front trim was slightly different from 1969 to 1970 with 2 part number's 3419870 for right side molding and 3419871 for left side molding. These 2 part numbers are not in my part's book from 1972 but maybe in later editions. Has anyone installed the reproduction trim openings on the front wheel openings? I would like to know if they had to be modified or how they fit. Thanks for anyone's help.

Auto Transport Service
Back