• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R&M Specialties Plug Wire Loom Review

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
I installed my new Firecore50 spark plug wires but they just needed tidying up a bit. So, when I noticed a photo by MrSpeadFreak in a recent post of his R&M Specialties wire looms I bought a set. After I installed them I thought I'd share a few comments.

http://www.rmspecialties.com/1104.html

I bought the kit in black from Summit for $49: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNM-1104K

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Quality machined 1/8 inch billet aluminum.
3" mounting bolts included with vertical style #1104-90. (See bigmanjbmopar's Looms)
Included clamps are injection molded with heat-resistant and non-conductive glass-filled polyester
and carry a lifetime warranty.

The kit comes in shrink-wrap packaging with an exploded view on the back. The separators come in black, blue, yellow, and red and have chrome allen-head fasteners with lock nuts. Also included are four, black 1" nylon spacers used between the valve covers and the aluminum loom to raise the looms to clear your exhaust. Please note if you're running TTI or other headers that rise above the valve cover you will need to buy additional nylon spacers and the appropriate length 1/4-20 screws. I bought 4" hex head screws and cut the heads off since they will not clear the valve covers. I screwed those in, placed the nylon spacers on, then the loom, and tightened it down with a lock nut.

One other problem I encountered was the #8 plug wire was too short to fit into the last clamp.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase and love the look of my new plug wires and wire looms.

I know, this post is useless without pictures:

R&M Specialies Spark Plug Wire Looms.jpgR&M Specialies Spark Plug Wire Looms-001.jpgR&M Specialies Spark Plug Wire Looms-002.jpgR&M Specialies Spark Plug Wire Looms-003.jpgView attachment 178533R&M Specialies Spark Plug Wire Looms-005.jpg

Thanks.

I, too, wish more of us would write reviews. Everyone appreciates a good review.

FYI to folks who try to find products and/or services reviews via web search (Google, Bing, etc.) if you write a review and post it in a forum such as this it will show up in your search results if you use the right terms in your review title and your search terms.

Almost getting ready to do this myself after I get the new motor built. Here is a set of photos of another guy using the RM Specialties wire loom setup on his Fury III. I took these photos last year at the Mopar Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA. It looks like to clear his headers he used metal strip tabs bent at 90 degrees to give a few inches of clearance. This is the look I'm going for in my B-body. FuryIII WireLooms.JPGFuryIII WireLooms2.JPGFuryIII WireLoomsZOOM.JPG

How did you mount those? are those custom made brackets?

Almost getting ready to do this myself after I get the new motor built. Here is a set of photos of another guy using the RM Specialties wire loom setup on his Fury III. I took these photos last year at the Mopar Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA. It looks like to clear his headers he used metal strip tabs bent at 90 degrees to give a few inches of clearance. This is the look I'm going for in my B-body. View attachment 178577View attachment 178578View attachment 178579

Damn, both of those engines look really nice!!!!!

How did you get yours to mount like that? I had a set like that first but it would not fit right, I have the same valve covers too. Using the verticals now with the spacer works but I originally wanted that flat ones like you have.

20140309_101929.jpg

20140124_183149.jpg

I installed my new Firecore50 spark plug wires but they just needed tidying up a bit. So, when I noticed a photo by MrSpeadFreak in a recent post of his R&M Specialties wire looms I bought a set. After I installed them I thought I'd share a few comments.

http://www.rmspecialties.com/1104.html

I bought the kit in black from Summit for $49: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNM-1104K

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Quality machined 1/8 inch billet aluminum.
3" mounting bolts included with vertical style #1104-90. (See bigmanjbmopar's Looms)
Included clamps are injection molded with heat-resistant and non-conductive glass-filled polyester
and carry a lifetime warranty.

The kit comes in shrink-wrap packaging with an exploded view on the back. The separators come in black, blue, yellow, and red and have chrome allen-head fasteners with lock nuts. Also included are four, black 1" nylon spacers used between the valve covers and the aluminum loom to raise the looms to clear your exhaust. Please note if you're running TTI or other headers that rise above the valve cover you will need to buy additional nylon spacers and the appropriate length 1/4-20 screws. I bought 4" hex head screws and cut the heads off since they will not clear the valve covers. I screwed those in, placed the nylon spacers on, then the loom, and tightened it down with a lock nut.

One other problem I encountered was the #8 plug wire was too short to fit into the last clamp.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase and love the look of my new plug wires and wire looms.

I know, this post is useless without pictures:

View attachment 178529View attachment 178530View attachment 178531View attachment 178532View attachment 178533View attachment 178534

bigmanjbmopar,

Judging from the amount of slack you have the horizontal mount should be no problem. Give R&M a call and ask them if you can just buy the horizontal aluminum looms.

Cool to see they worked out for ya TM! I was just about to shoot you a message and see how it went too haha. And agreed about the product reviews, I know most of them get mentioned at some point or another in project threads or wherever but it'd almost be worth having another forum on here just for reviews

And yeah JB, why didn't the horizontal ones work for you the first time? I'm guessing the issue TM mentioned with the high positioned primary, but if that was the case you can pick up longer nylon spacers at the local hardware store. My hedmans cleared with plenty of room to spare though

I was in the same boat, running Schumaker Tri-Ys and the tube was too high for the driver's side. Passenger side fit with the supplied nylon spacers though. Still haven't gotten around to doing the drivers side. Good idea about making "studs" then using a lock nut. They are a pain in the butt to install and that would make it easier.

You bet.

- - - Updated - - -

If I could edit my own post I would say I used the Firecore50 Pro Fit plug wires.

They look great ! And all of your guys engines look really good and you can all be very proud to lift your hoods anywhere. The wire seperators I have here on my eng are just basic Moroso wire seperators. Lucky for me with my Firecore wires and TTI headers thats all I needed as the wires fit good without needing many seperators to hold the wires. I like to keep it stock looking as I can to a point so the Moroso ones work fine for me. But the ones here you all use looks awesome on your your great looking engines ! Keep those hot looking Mopar engines shining. Ron

100_2346_zps61e6d324.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back