• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random question on a plate

Under Pressure

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
My daughter bought this at a swap meet (she loves this stuff)
Question, what era does this come from, and what Chrysler division?

Thanks!

06B72816-7BB4-432F-9351-E8F4D039357C.jpeg

I used to have that same plate on my first car, 72 Satellite Sebring Plus back in 85. The DC program was mainly during the 70's into the 80's. Performance parts right through your local dealer.

Those are kinda hard to find if it's not a repro.

Those are kinda hard to find if it's not a repro.
Not sure how to tell, no markings I can see, she loved it and wants it on the GTX, gonna try to straighten best I can and clean it up, Lol

I think the "official" repros have a Mopar Performance logo somewhere.

My brain wants to say early 1970s because of the blue pentastar in combination with the shadow font for "direct connection".

I should note that the one shown in the 1975 Direct Connection catalog is different than yours.
bg4c.png
bg1.png

Last edited:
I have a mint original hiding somewhere. I would have bought that around '84.

So the Pentastar logo was replaced with the Mopar logo?

I thought so, but probably brain fade on my part. @Stanton is right about the '84 vintage... if his has the blue pentastar.

I'll try to find my '84 Direct Connection catalog and see which plate they have listed.

Now that's cool !
My girls are 36 and 40 and have been out of the house for some time now.But they do like ME to do the wrenchin' for them.My oldest is single and has a list of "to do" when she visits.

Auto Transport Service
Back