• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear deck speakers size

real0803

Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what 76 Cordoba size rear deck speakers came with ? I think these are 5X7's I havent had a chance to measure it. I've read that most of them were 6x9's . Would it be an issue if I were to put some 6x9 in place of these without drilling ? I have a pair of JBL GTO's I can put go use .
1000017593.jpg

6" x 9" speakers are a little bigger on the mounting positions than OE - at least in 68-70 B-Body that is the case.

Be warned, on one of my old Mopars, the back shelf was made for two different size speakers, which seemed rather odd, I have no idea why nor how common.

I used regular 6" x 9" speakers - mounted under the deck tray, with the OE cover on the top - nobody who didn't know didn't care.

Only a real Moapr Judge or enthusiast would know, and 99% orf them don't care.

If you have a factory spare tire mounted correctly the chances are nobody will evr crawl in far enough to know what you did.

I am not really sure why people who are not planning on going to Top-level Concours style judging get all het-up over such miniscule details.

I even had a CD-stacker mounted in such a position that judges never saw it.

Auto Transport Service
Back