• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear view camera?

Dusty Dude

Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thinking about installing a rear view camera in my 69 Coronet as old age is limiting my flexibility and backing out of my garage into the alley or any other situation like that is very difficult for me. Asking if anyone out there has done this and if so whose products did you use and how well does it work for you.

Thanks in advance.

I have a rearview camera in my modern Challenger, I'll tell you that's a must have ! My monitor is in the factory radio location, but it's in a modern Hemi car. Our classic cars are easier to view rearward, but understandably it would be prudent to do so in your case. My camera is located in the license plate opening. The monitors can either be in the rearview mirror, or a larger-square module located somewhere in the console area.

I put one on the back of my box truck.
It works okay, but I don't use it much, it helps with trailer hookup, but I can't see much with the car on the trailer.
it's easy to use ,and so far always works. But the mount to the windshield failed repeatedly, so the screen is now a hand-held, that I plug into the cigarette lighter when I need it.
Mine is a wireless camera, mounted In a license plate frame (which i had to install in the middle of the truck, actual license plate is mounted on the corner of the truck)

Mine is a "Type S" from costco.

Hi All,

Thinking about installing a rear view camera in my 69 Coronet as old age is limiting my flexibility and backing out of my garage into the alley or any other situation like that is very difficult for me. Asking if anyone out there has done this and if so whose products did you use and how well does it work for you.

Thanks in advance.
The license plate frame ones work pretty good. I added one to my last tool truck. It hooked to the back up lights and would come on when the lights were lit. Pretty handy.

I have a rearview camera in my modern Challenger, I'll tell you that's a must have ! My monitor is in the factory radio location, but it's in a modern Hemi car. Our classic cars are easier to view rearward, but understandably it would be prudent to do so in your case. My camera is located in the license plate opening. The monitors can either be in the rearview mirror, or a larger-square module located somewhere in the console area.
Robby can you post a pic please? Is this the factory set up or aftermarket? My 17 could benefit from a camera since I don’t have a factory one. Please share your expirence with the view and picture. TIA

I put one on the back of my box truck.
It works okay, but I don't use it much, it helps with trailer hookup, but I can't see much with the car on the trailer.
it's easy to use ,and so far always works. But the mount to the windshield failed repeatedly, so the screen is now a hand-held, that I plug into the cigarette lighter when I need it.
Mine is a wireless camera, mounted In a license plate frame (which i had to install in the middle of the truck, actual license plate is mounted on the corner of the truck)

Mine is a "Type S" from costco.
Pics?

The license plate frame ones work pretty good. I added one to my last tool truck. It hooked to the back up lights and would come on when the lights were lit. Pretty handy.
Mike I’ve looked at a few but need something on my 17 Challenger about lost the *** end twice now backing up out of places. Any help would be appreciated and TIA Rick

The box truck is 250 miles away at the moment. But this is the box from the camera......

IMG_20241015_121849.jpg

IMG_20241015_121934.jpg

I put one on my 67 charger and love it. There was a hole in the rear end from a Killswitch from the previous owner that I figured that be a good thing to fill it with. Bought everything off Amazon. Super easy to hook up. I bought a monitor that folds flat and flips down when I want to use it. 3Md it to the bottom of the dash so you don’t really even notice it.

Auto Transport Service
Back