• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations needed on trim

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a gap in my trim and I believe it must have been there before I did my body as I don’t think I did anything to this area. It’s at the rear window bottom corner lower part of the drip rail/gutter (see pictures). Not a good place for a gap! I don’t have any pictures of this before teardown.

If it left this way at the factory what did use to seal this? What’s your opinion on how to seal this up?

IMG_3231.jpeg

IMG_3232.jpeg

I smooth a little seam sealer in there with my finger and brush touch it with paint after it's dry

I smooth a little seam sealer in there with my finger and brush touch it with paint after it's dry
Sounds good and was thinking that as well. But I am still scratching my head how this is and what was done prior as it’s like a puzzle that used to fit (I think) and doesn’t now. No big deak. Was just curios.

The fit and finish on our cars suck, period. It's a fact of life. Short of welding and metal finishing it, it is what it is.
Try a little 3M strip caulk jammed in there and smooth it out. It's black and will never be noticed. Seam sealer with some touch up paint is a good idea too as mentioned above.

Amazon.com

Auto Transport Service
Back