• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement star wheel door latch mechanism

Crash520

Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Team, does anyone make a replacement star wheel door latch mechanism at all??? I’m chasing one for the drivers door for 70 RR

This may help Driver Door Latch Modification - Anyone Done This? I ended up buying a driver's door latch off of Ebay from some Canadian (?) place. It was in great shape & lightly oiled when I got it, BUT it was slightly different than my original door latch. It's in my car now working like new. My star wheel was really worn like I'm guessing yours is

I have a couple brand new - but they will need to be modded to use in you model

What's wrong with yours ?
Beaten up, star wheel is ready to fall out

4380A9F5-6DD6-4132-BCE5-3C0EEC22BF38.jpeg

Yes. I now for a fact these aren't "front '69 Plymouth B-body" but have no idea what they are for. But maybe some bits can be swapped to work.

Gkent, that drivers side mechanism would work for me, is it for sale and would you ship it to Brisbane Australia?
You need to either start a Parts Wanted thread or take it to a Personal message. Buy and sell is not allowed on open forums.

Crash520 ... sent you a PM

Admin ... you guys need to lighten up, this started as a typical "assistance needed" thread. Would it kill you to give some leeway when someone offers up a solution involving hardware - instead of pouncing like a crow on roadkill !!!

Admin ... you guys need to lighten up, this started as a typical "assistance needed" thread. Would it kill you to give some leeway when someone offers up a solution involving hardware - instead of pouncing like a crow on roadkill !!!
Just doing my job here. There is no reasn why members looking for parts can't start a Parts Wanted thread. That's what it's for.

Hey man, we gave Crash some slack. After all, one of us could have deleted his question. You need to abide by the rules set forth by the owner of the site. If you don't like that, then go to YellowBullet.com and play there.....iirc, they don't have any rules! We're getting tired of 'some' of the members telling us what we need to do so buzz off!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back