• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing steering column

Maxxx

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Very interested in replacing stock steering column (was column shift, installed floor shift and since removed column handle) with an after market tilt-and-telescope column without column shift. The only products I can find are "universal fit". Does anyone know the length of the column presently on stock 72 satellite?
Has anyone installed universal fit before? Wondering what the pitfalls might be.
Power steering.

I think any non-factory column wouldn’t look right. There are tilt 72’s (not telescoping though)

Thanks purple. Hopefully I can find what I'm looking for without it looking too strange

Just following up, might anyone know which length of steering column is correct for 72 Satellite? I regret I don't know where else to look, and I've google searched

Did anyone know the standard wire colour for the "neutral switch" coming out of the factory column shift column? The column shift is defunct and handle removed but if the old column shift collar moves the wrong way the car doesn't start because it thinks its moving out of neutral or park. Because the neutral switch is still in the circuit. Not my build lol...

Auto Transport Service
Back