• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right Hand Drive 1967 Dodge Charger

RHDCharger

Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My name is Joseph and I recently purchased my first mopar. A 1967 dodge charger, 383, pw, Right Hand Drive(original). I wanted a first Gen charger and when this car popped up on CL, I messaged the seller and said I would like to buy it. I could not of asked for a better buying experience even though it did have a sad story attached. The car is now home in SoCal, and wearing a Cali plate that looks so right.
I just started diving into it and It has been sitting since 2009ish, so lots to fix.

My favorite part so far besides the beautiful car is. The stories and documentation I have collected from previous owners.

This one of a kind charger was ordered brand new in 67 by a famous toy car company owner from New Zealand. This dude flys over to Los Angeles, ordered the car, had it completed in Michigan(vin) and then shipped to the Los Angeles plant in Maywood for the conversion to RHD. Then took it home and proceeded to terrorize the streets of Auckland. According to the NZ reg, it changes hands a few times and gets a 440 swap along the way.

An American living in NZ buys it and and after a big sports win, takes the car back to the USA with him. Back in the states it changed hands a few more times and got a repaint and reupholstered along the way. It sells at the Carlise show in 07 and sat from around 09 till now from what I was told.

I have a June 1970 Hot Rod Magazine, NZ, in which the car is profiled. The NZ plate as well as the NZ reg. Really cool docs from the other side of the map.

Now it's going to get cleaned up and restored to new. I got a 2 cars worth of spare parts in the purchase. Going to get it right and daily her just like the rest of my fleet.

If you questions or know some history on the car since it's so unique, please message me. Really enjoying the mopar crew.

Also, sad to say, no fender tag. Also, the build sheet in the headliner got ate up by mice. I'm hoping there is still one behind the dash or glove box. Keep you all posted.

Mucho Gracias

20240906_185421.jpg

20240906_185231.jpg

What's the original engine?

How did they do the steering?
AU A body cars have the gear bolted to the fender, rather than the K frame.

Do I see PW?

Cool car.

What's the original engine?

How did they do the steering?
AU A body cars have the gear bolted to the fender, rather than the K frame.

Do I see PW?

Cool car.
It was born with a 383 according to vin. I have not pulled the dash or steering yet, so I can see how they did the conversion. Power windows are working, kinda.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Joseph. Interesting car and story. Thanks for your pictures.

Welcome from north of you on the central coast. If your car is drivable, you should hit the Fall Fling. October in Van Nuys, Woodley Park.

IMG_5143.jpeg

Cool car/project Charger

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

The owner who did the majority of the work resides in RI and attempted to buy it back in January- never heard back from seller. When I sent the CL ad to him, he stated- still has my Triumph water bottle on it! He sold it pre Carlisle ( @2005) to buy a house. It was 383 RHD built in CA. He put in the 440.

The right hand drive A bodies had the steering boxes mounted to the frame rail. The upright steering column angle reminded me of a School Bus. The steering linkage had the idler and pitman arms pointing forward.

I will get better pics, I'm currently pulling the interior. But here is some pics of the steering box and master cylinder on the "right" side.

20240910_125921.jpg

20240910_125915.jpg

The owner who did the majority of the work resides in RI and attempted to buy it back in January- never heard back from seller. When I sent the CL ad to him, he stated- still has my Triumph water bottle on it! He sold it pre Carlisle ( @2005) to buy a house. It was 383 RHD built in CA. He put in the 440.
I was able to connect with Steve and Brendan the gave me a great run down. There is still one more owner before the family I purchased it from. I'm still getting all the details correct, but that all sounds similar to what they told me. We're still trying to find out who did the repaint though.

Auto Transport Service
Back