• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker molding clip

Mike Szadaj

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Looks like when I bought the rocker molding clip kit for my car I got the wrong one. First pic is what I got. Second is what FSM shows. Can someone assure me that the FSM is showing the correct clip? 1968 Coronet RT. Also if that is the correct one, I don't see any at Classic Ind. Know where I can get two?

mclip.jpg
mclip2.jpg

The front one bolts on with a nut on the backside. The rest are plastic and push into a hole in the rocker, and then the plastic dowel pushed in the center.

Year One sells the exact clip kit I have and it contains those same front metal clips. The clips may fit in the moldings, but they would have to be much further back from the wheel opening, and those holes on both sides were made by the factory exactly where they sit.

Gotta get this in, i got mine from YO years ago. They are too soft and flexible, not enough rigidity like the oem had and allow the trim to pull away from the body showing a nice gap. FYI.

The black hole gave up one of the clips. Just like the FSM shows. I made another one, put them on, another PITA job done.

mclip3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back