• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam on instagram?

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
Hi FBBO,

there is a guy on instagram who is posting tons of parts and cars. I am not sure if he is legit. Does someone did business with him and can proof the opposite?

Here is his instagram: Mopar enthusiastic (@mopar_parts_garrage) • Instagram profile

I asked him for pictures and sent me this:

BE3DC944-02AE-4ACF-9057-A7E023CA8999.jpeg
D69934B6-52CF-4080-AC93-87E5A9B6C1BA.jpeg

I don’t know but they both seemed to be photoshoped.

What do you think?

Thanks yannik

I think you have a good eye. At first it looked fine but looking closer, the parts Don’t seem to be laying quite right on their surface.

They are called "hovering" tips.
Very rare and extremely expensive.

You can see the cut lines where they were cut out of another pic and pasted onto the current background.
Focal length is different, too.

Stay off of instagram and that other China site that I can't stink of right now. Imo, your best bet is here!

Facebook is worse for scam parts ads.
Only if you are buying.....I've sold lots of stuff on FB Marketplace with good results and have been doing that for lots of years now and it's way better than CL! CL has turned into nothing but scammers but buying stuff from either one is a crap shoot.

Instascam.
Lots of scammers everywhere and even here but we try to weed them out as quickly as possible and the members that see it before 'we' do are a huge help!!! Sometimes we catch them early and sometimes members alert us early and we really appreciate that!! It really helps the site stay safe but every once in awhile, one will snake through. Be vigilant!!

Instascam.

Instagram isn't really setup for selling like Facebook marketplace is and those Facebook selling groups are. But obviously scammers are also on Instagram trying to steal from someone.

**watch those Facebook selling groups. They popping up with admin's that are scammers. And some older good selling groups have been taken over by scammers.

**the reason they become admin's is if someone reports a scammer to the admin, they can ignore the message and do nothing or delete posts trying to warn others.

Last edited:
Alert !!

This Instagram page Mopar enthusiastic (@mopar_parts_garrage) • Instagram profile is stealing your images off of THIS SITE RIGHT NOW !!!

Here's and ad that @kyle340 posted July 30 here: FOR SALE - 69 coronet R/T finish panel and taillights

And this is the stolen image and fake ad.

View attachment 1722810
That is definitely the 100% proof. I searched his pictures with google too but had no success. I do not understand why people spending their time for this useless ****… anyway, I unfollowed him and will report him!

Thanks for al those answers. Appreciate your research @autoxcuda.

What are you questioning?
The levitating tips or the mint car they came off?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Stay away.....

Auto Transport Service
Back