• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Screwed up dilemma!

Kevin Bisgrove

Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Aside from a few, which I'll post later, I've been very good in labeling and keeping track of my posts and pieces.

69 GTX.

Currently, I messed up a few screws and can't remember what they're from even though I had then bagged and tagged....

I took them out for cleaning and ended up doing way more pieces then planned. Low and behold i can't match up 2 screws.

I almost think they were from the passenger door roof rail channel where the window this up to the weatherstrip but they don't match but I just can't see what else they're have come from.

I had out at the time:
- heater box pieces (almost positive not from here)
- fuel line body clips down the frame rails
- roof rail weatherstrip channel screws
- hood latches (no screws though)
- brackets below master cylinder (pretty sure I have them matched up properly already though - thicker screws)
- passenger interior door hinge post clips (same thicker screw as above)
- passenger rear post window seal screws (3 matched up correctly)
- headliner clips and springs (no screws used)
- headliner rear side pieces (3 screws, I was missing one already)
- sail panel clip? (No screws)
- windshield clips and interior head trim clips (robertson screws)
- rear defrost shroud screw (I was missing 1 from the start)
- rear seat screws, clips and bolts (have matched up already)
- gas pedal bracket bolts (no screws and matched up already)

Pics below.

Any help would be huge! Seems weird but I just can't match the two up. Could they be from the door channels (how many in total should I have)
PXL_20201124_024846020.jpg
? They didn't match but I seem to think that's where they're from. Only thing I didn't take pics of first were the headliner clips / rear brackets and the passenger side window channels.
Are they from my heater box and I'm just completely missing that?

PXL_20201118_064709438~2.jpg
Screenshot_20201123-210037.png

Last edited:
Isn’t the hood release held on by screws?
View attachment 1030776
Yes but I have them in a bag still not cleaned up.
I've literally gone through everything I've had it at the time...
Maybe for the side rear window Chrome trim pieces? Maybe I would have put the screws in with the window channels? I don't think so but?

You mentioned heater box. The support bracket attaches to the upper cowl with a nut I do believe, where it attaches to the heater box...2 screws hold it to the side of the heater box?

You mentioned heater box. The support bracket attaches to the upper cowl with a nut I do believe, where it attaches to the heater box...2 screws hold it to the side of the heater box?
In a 69 GTX? Nut on the box and to the cowl unless I'm missing what you're saying.

In a 69 GTX? Nut on the box and to the cowl unless I'm missing what you're saying.
No, your probably right. I haven’t messed with one for so long I couldn’t remember how the brace was attached to the box itself.

Auto Transport Service
Back