• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking a certain old car magazine article

Neal Zimmerman

Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best spot for this question, but I am looking for a specific magazine article from the early 80s, that I have been looking for years and cant nail it down.
It was about a 1971 or 1972 Pro street Dodge charger with blown hemi and I believe it was black. The guy that owned it was maybe between 55-75 and they showed him standing by the car. What magazine it was, I cant recall but it most likely was Hot Rod, Car Craft, or Popular Hotrodding and it was somewhere between 1980 and 1985. I think I remember that it was all black and white photos too.
Just thought I'd give it a shot if somebody has a voluminous car magazine collection . If u tell me the magazine and date I will try to find it and buy it on eBay.
Thanks

Do you know what car was on the cover that month you looking for or was the Charger you described on the cover......

Not sure if this is the best spot for this question, but I am looking for a specific magazine article from the early 80s, that I have been looking for years and cant nail it down.
It was about a 1971 or 1972 Pro street Dodge charger with blown hemi and I believe it was black. The guy that owned it was maybe between 55-75 and they showed him standing by the car. What magazine it was, I cant recall but it most likely was Hot Rod, Car Craft, or Popular Hotrodding and it was somewhere between 1980 and 1985. I think I remember that it was all black and white photos too.
Just thought I'd give it a shot if somebody has a voluminous car magazine collection . If u tell me the magazine and date I will try to find it and buy it on eBay.
Thanks
Shouldn't be too difficult to nail down....most of the magazines have Chebbies on the cover - seldom a decent Mopar. :rofl:

I've got it somewhere. I'll see if I have time later today to look for it. Definetly not Hot Rod, may have been Camaro Craft but likely a "lesser" magazine I think.

No luck on my end today sorry. I spent a few hours looking without luck. I know I have it, I'll just have to spend some more time looking. I found a Custom Rodder with a brownish, redish blown 71 R/T on the cover but I know it's not the one you're looking for. T I think he may have bought the car new and it might have been a factory Hemi that was now blown and it looked black in the photos.

Thanks
Check with your local library to see if they carry back issues of car magazines.

Auto Transport Service
Back