• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seen it all. . .

66vertplum

Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
For your pleasure are three GM pieces (dist, alt, ps pump), but wait, even cooler are the bolts on the valve covers to attach a (really) slide hammer! Enjoy.

upload_2022-1-10_13-43-48.jpeg

upload_2022-1-10_13-44-34.jpeg

upload_2022-1-10_13-44-58.jpeg

upload_2022-1-10_13-45-23.jpeg

upload_2022-1-10_13-45-40.jpeg

Well I'm no Bible thumper by any means but there are a couple biblical phrases that are suitable in certain situations. The one that comes to mind here is: "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". That said, show us the junk you're driving !!

I wonder, why would you need a slide hammer to remove valve covers?

The last time I saw this 66 Coronet 500 convertible, it was in my garage. Thank you, the master cylinder is GM too. The valve cover was glued down after it was beat up to fit the distributor. So the beat up job was done twice.

The thermostat water outlet looks really nice.
(Stay positive people)

What's he got going on with the master cylinder ?

It looks like the power brake setup from "The Right Stuff" disc brake conversion kit?

That looks closer to stock than my engine compartment.
The 505" 440 in the Convertible has the Edelbrock XT TPI type intake manifold, Summit aluminum valve covers, and a Tru-Trac accessory drive system.

Well it all looks fresh and clean, have you driven it and had some fun yet?

I read your story on your other post, you’ve had lots of experiences in the car world! Welcome to the site.

Well it all looks fresh and clean, have you driven it and had some fun yet?

I read your story on your other post, you’ve had lots of experiences in the car world! Welcome to the site.
It runs real good in the driveway. I need to get some sheet metal on yet.

I'll give it a thumbs up. Bet it bugs the heck out of the numbers matching purists.

Actually looks like well done craftsmanship that works and is not in danger of burning up. Wires tied up and not bare or loose (noticed electrical is the most neglected part of a build).

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm more of a Rat Rodder myself and care more for function than looks and don't have a lot of money.

Also using HEI, but just the module as I did not want to buy a new distributor and re-used stock electronic. Between the HEI and mini starter it does not sound like a Mopar starting, quick touch of the key and starts fast, does not crank long.

I'll give it a thumbs up. Bet it bugs the heck out of the numbers matching purists.

Actually looks like well done craftsmanship that works and is not in danger of burning up. Wires tied up and not bare or loose (noticed electrical is the most neglected part of a build).

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm more of a Rat Rodder myself and care more for function than looks and don't have a lot of money.

Also using HEI, but just the module as I did not want to buy a new distributor and re-used stock electronic. Between the HEI and mini starter it does not sound like a Mopar starting, quick touch of the key and starts fast, does not crank long.
Thank you. The whole car was wired from spools and has several relays. Also all soldered old school.

I'm always game for giving the finger to the purists. Sorry for my sarcastic posts above.
Rock N Roll 66vert. It's your car, have fun with it. I agree with Carcinogen, it's well put together regardless of so called "correctness".

Thank you. The whole car was wired from spools and has several relays. Also all soldered old school.

I started re-wiring my '69 Coronet Convertible, then Covid hit, so not done yet...
Serious number of relays in the car. Likely over 20+ when I'm done.
4 Power Windows, 8 SPDT relays, plus the stock key on safety relay. 9 total
Power Top, 2 more relays (might add a safety relay to the top also?) Up to 12 now...
More relays for:
Fuel pump #13
Head Lights (2) running total 15...
Dual cooling fans (another 2 relays) 17...
Horn and A/C compressor 19... and counting
Haven't decided if I want to relay the alternator to battery for a cut off switch? I don't really race the Convertible.
Adding aftermarket power door locks too (Can be operated with Alarm remote too.)
Not yet sure total for stereo / sub Amp(s), and alarm system.
Neutral safety switch relay, but just stock one.
I might use a opto-isolated relay board for the EFI computer accessory outputs (Fans, A/C clutch, and such) so don't have to worry about flyback diodes.
The relay board only has 10 Amp rated relays, but they will drive the 35 Amp relays for fans A/C clutch.
The 10 Amp relays are fine for most of the Alarm needs.
Besides the isolation, the board lets me select if I want the relays triggered with a high or low input.

Auto Transport Service
Back