• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shiny Dash Knob Inserts

Don67Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
Other than Instrument Specialties, does anyone know where to get the shiny dash knob inserts???

Seen a couple pop up on eBay, but pure extortion pricing.

1967-plymouth-gtx-2122030958.jpg

They have always been expensive. Scott Smith, Harms Automotive is where I have always gotten them.

Great pieces, they are as original. They are shipped with a removable plastic film over each one. Just use a good glue or adhesive or you will be buying more when they fall out.

Back in the day I bought a 67 4 door car just for the knobs. They were in excellent condition.

I had some around here but it's been a very long time since seeing them.....need to go through my tool box 'tiny parts drawer' and see what's in it lol.

I had some around here but it's been a very long time since seeing them.....need to go through my too box 'tiny parts drawer' and see what's in it lol.
If only we had a Marketplace forum here where a guy could put a want ad for parts like this. :BangHead: :lol:

I made this from aluminum sheet using a hole punch. It’s not perfect, but neither are the original knobs in the car. I don’t know how well that will work for the bigger inserts, but it works fine for the little ones.

IMG_7410.jpeg

If only we had a Marketplace forum here where a guy could put a want ad for parts like this. :BangHead: :lol:

I could put up a want ad for them, yes, or I can ask where others have sourced them, hence my post.

Even considered it last night, but not being in the "lower 48" or a sellers payment / shipping preferences, often prevents me from buying from forum members, so it's not always my first thought, but always do consider it.

I could put up a want ad for them, yes, or I can ask where others have sourced them, hence my post.

Even considered it last night, but not being in the "lower 48" or a sellers payment / shipping preferences, often prevents me from buying from forum members, so it's not always my first thought, but always do consider it.
Just an FYI, You will never be wrong in asking for parts or where to buy them in a Parts Wanted thread. Asking in a general forum can get your thread or posts deleted if someone steps in and offers to sell you some of their pieces. Worse yet if you accept their offer. You then have a unofficial sale thread, no rules were read or followed and often things like personal information like names, addresses, e mail, Pay pal information and the like are shared on an open forum for all to see including the scammers that may be watching.

Just an FYI, You will never be wrong in asking for parts or where to buy them in a Parts Wanted thread. Asking in a general forum can get your thread or posts deleted if someone steps in and offers to sell you some of their pieces. Worse yet if you accept their offer. You then have a unofficial sale thread, no rules were read or followed and often things like personal information like names, addresses, e mail, Pay pal information and the like are shared on an open forum for all to see including the scammers that may be watching.

I can see your way of looking at it.

However, like I said, it was a general question, and not soliciting items available for sale, since in my above explanation, sadly FBBO is not my go-to for parts.

Thanks @Jerry Hall for the help to my general question. @Project66 nice work with the hole punch! @w.Hudson yes I also considered the same thing.

Mike, please feel free to move this post to the parts wanted section or delete it entirely if it has truly broken the rules.

I consider the question answered.

I bought mine off EBay. Very good quality. Look original.

Don't be silly...next you'll be wanting members to put them into some sort of category system for easy searching or browsing later on...like For Sale or Wanted etc.

Crazy ideas you have at times Mike.... :rolleyes:

Imagine also if you started wanting to stop members interjecting with offers of items for sale in General Discussion threads.....oh the chaos that would ensue....

Great pieces, they are as original. They are shipped with a removable plastic film over each one. Just use a good glue or adhesive or you will be buying more when they fall out.

Well I caved and purchased the knob inserts from the Fleabay store.

Since you have had experience with these pieces @Jerry Hall I am curious what you might recommend for the adhesive? Blob of silicone maybe?

The one single original I have on the left radio knob seems to have a somewhat "spongy something" holding it to the knob. Maybe not original, and maybe the reason I only have 1 left.

Auto Transport Service
Back