• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SMALL DIAMETER STEERING WHEEL?

Ray Bolden

Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my 68 Road Runner with a new Borgeson power steering box. I'm now finding that the stock 16" steering wheel is a little cumbersome so I would like to change over to a smaller diameter steering wheel. I'd also like to keep the wheel looking as close to stock as possible but haven't found any vendors who market a smaller diameter stock appearing wheel. Has anyone here dealt with this change or have any recommendations as to who might supply a smaller wheel?

I have a Grant (#338) in the box, unused. You can have it for half price if you're interested.

20190715_163637.jpg
20190715_163652.jpg
20190715_163720.jpg

original or a reproduction Mopar Tuff Wheel Steering Wheel (15 inch). The tuff wheel was found on many A-Body, B-Body and E-body cars. You will have to buy the adapter to.

mopar%20tuff%20wheel%20steering%20wheel.jpg

mopar%20tuff%20wheel%20adapterth.jpg

Be sure to measure so the wheel doesn't cover the speedometer.

Advertised measurements of aftermarket wheels tend to be pretty loose as well.

Other than the classic "The 500" period day 2 style, you may be in for a long search.

Maybe a wood grain is available in a smaller diameter?

I often wondered why someone didnt make these. I guess after all the R+D investment it is still a small market. I think a 1969 style 90% sized woodgrain 3 spoke wheel would sell.

th?id=OIP.Fz_cpZrVrQLKG8opiotxYwHaFj&w=225&h=160&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.25&pid=3.jpg

Be sure to measure so the wheel doesn't cover the speedometer.

Advertised measurements of aftermarket wheels tend to be pretty loose as well.

Other than the classic "The 500" period day 2 style, you may be in for a long search.

Maybe a wood grain is available in a smaller diameter?

I agree with you. I was hoping that perhaps a company might have reproduced a duplicate of the stock factory wheel, only being smaller in diameter. I also have some tri-five Chevies and such wheels are available for those. Thank you for your input.

Auto Transport Service
Back