• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So sick of getting ripped off…

JackR

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
So I bought a steering wheel from a long time member here. Sent him the ad for the wheel sent $530.00 and got the wrong wheel. Now he ghosted me. Looked at my last PM many hours ago but no response
Bought this 68-69 wheel I thought but got the wrong one. He has a bunch of wheels for sale here.
He acknowledged his mistake then went silent.

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

Man, that sucks. Hope he mans up and makes it right.

Alright, he just got back to me. Agreed to exchange so I’ll ship the wrong one back.

I got nailed for $400.00 for a wheel to a scammer in July

And I got stung off eBay for a different 500.00 wheel that I bought when I was on a long plane flight. I have that one that just might get hung on the wall. It’s not so nice as the pictures looked at all.

Glad he made it right. I have almost everything but time needed for my cars now so I mostly stopped buying stuff over the net. Not everyone describes stuff the way I would so I typically buy at shows only now. Good thing it was on here verses FB market place as it has become a haven for scammers...

I wish the parts pickers at Classic Industries can get it right in the first place. They’ve made mistakes on half of my orders. I have better chances with EBay

Glad he made it right also. And quickly. Sh*t happens.

Looked like a nice 67 wheel though. lol

The wheel in you first pic looks like a black rimmed rallye rim. I thought that was 69 Barracuda only.

Or is it stimulated wood and the picture shadows are making look black?

Last edited:
All the more reason why I almost never buy anything without being able to see or touch it before buying. That is why I love swap meets, Craigslist and Marketplace. However, I have purchased a few things from the members of the several "Bodies" sites, all with good luck and trusting members.

Seems like seller responded within 24 hours. And taking care of it.

Pretty good customer service.?

I'm interested in close ups of the grain and quality.

Last edited:
Things can appear better in photos, one reason I’ll include close-ups with a descript of any flaws and if the buyer is wanting to make a buy, I ask again if there are questions. Old stuff, well-used, rarely doesn't have flaws, unless NOS in the box. I make a point of pointing out flaws; don’t want a pissed-off buyer and expect the same treatment. It’s not difficult. Add, sometimes the seller might not be available to respond right away, out of town, busy with other stuff, etc. so a few days or a week isn't unreasonable, MO.
Yeah I like swap meets or where you can look at the item before plunking down the cash, used to be all one had, remember it well, but over the years that can be a long wait or no-go, where buying online finds the part desired.
Glad to say I've seldom been disappointed; but when I have been...it's a bitch.

It ain’t just getting ripped off. It’s the quality of crap you get nowadays or the shipping company destroys it. Just imagine paying top dollar for quality parts like a dash pad and the work involved in changing it out and the damn thing comes unglued along with the door pads. Or jerking out a steering box 2-3 times. Or you finally find that NOS tail panel you didn’t think existed and Fed Ex absolutely destroys the wooden box it was shipped in lol and I could keep on going. Man I don’t know if I’ll ever build another car.

Should have mentioned; look at the complete replacement of the ad via the edit time. Vs original post time and my reply.
Old switcharoo

It looks now like a 66-67 wood wheel.

Do you mean he had the wrong 68-69 year wheel pictured? He does lots of wheels and ads. So I can see that as a simple mistake. Or was this something else?

Hello Everyone----I'm the guy that restored the steering wheel for JackR and I'm almost 73 years old and pretty much computer dumb. My younger wife does all of my picture taking and ads for my parts and she totally goofed up the ad he bought the steering wheel from. She had the ad heading written out 1966/67 Mopar Woodgrain Steering Wheel that had to be opened up to be able to see the pictures. However she put pictures of the 1968/69 woodgrain steering wheels in those pictures. When he contacted me he sent me a picture of the ad and told me he wanted this steering wheel. So I sent him the one described in the 1966/67 Woodgrain steering wheel ad heading that he sent to me. As far as response time back to him, my wife was not available to ask what she had done wrong with the ad being disputed. So I could not reply back to him until I could talk to her and get her to figure out what was wrong within the ad as she placed. Once we found the error she made, I told him to send me the 1966/67 woodgrain steering wheel back to me and I would send him a 1968/69 woodgrain steering wheel like he originally wanted in the first place. I surely hope he is satisfied working it out for him this way. Although it will end up costing me more money in the end because I accepted his lesser price offer on the 1966/67 one he got sent to him and the prices of the 1968/69 woodgrain steering wheels are more money than the 1966/67 woodgrain ones are due to a higher popularity and quantity of muscle cars that they could have been purchased in when new. Take Care Everyone, Charlie.

Seems like an honest mistake that was remedied in a fair amount of time (less than a week?).

Customer service aspect seems pretty good to me.

I think the OP jumped the gun on this thread. Life is fast paced nowadays and everyone expects answers immediately but we don't all operate that way. Whether it's computer-literacy, busy with work or family, health issues, you need to cut people some slack sometimes

Good on you Charlie, you sound like a good bloke to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back