• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Solid mounts on a 426 hemi

hoover

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using solid mounts?
Does the height of the engine change vs stock?
Dad has a 426 to put in his 67 coronet rt 440 car. He heard that the solid adapter mounts bump the engine height up.
Thanks

It wouldn't change anything. You make the solid mount the same size as the rubber one.

My 70 hemi RR has a solid mount on the left side but rubber mounts on the right side and trans. Nice and strong but doesn’t increase noise or vibration much over all rubber. I’ve had it like that for 35 years with no issues.
I made my own that matched the stock isolator so the engine location never changed.

I ran a sold "Mickey Mouse" mount on the drivers side of my Hemi for 30 years and I did not die. 440 rubber mount on the right side. No extra vibration, no noise, fan centered in the shroud, no problems with clutch linkage wobbling around on shifts. Shaker hood fit perfectly on a Challenger too.

I used the Schumacher mounts putting a 426 Hemi in a Superbird and they placed the engine perfect. Fan in the center of the shroud.

I also used the Schumacher mounts to install one of my Hemi's onto a 440 K frame with no issues in a 70' Charger. Sat just like factory and used everything else was factory including air cleaner to fit under the stock hood.

Auto Transport Service
Back