• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for Rechroming Steering Wheel Retainer Ring and Spokes

Gary Spaid

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for a source to get parts related to my woodgrain steering wheel rechromed. The retainer ring and the spoke inserts are the parts needing rework. Any experiences / shops to relate to me?

Again the question, what year and car model do you have?

Does it have full chrome or satin/brushed chrome? To rechrome anything it must be taken dow to the bare part.

1967 GTX with woodgrain steering wheel. Retainer ring look like true chrome. Not sure what the spokes are.
20240602_101927.jpg

I tried to send you a private message concerning this, but your inbox is maxed out. You will need to delete a bunch of old messages in order for anyone to be able to contact you.

I would try to find something better, if possible. I think it would be a nightmare to do that ring.
Agreed. The better the core the cheaper it is AND a better finished product… So many shops lose details when the core is in bad shape…

I tried to send you a private message concerning this, but your inbox is maxed out. You will need to delete a bunch of old messages in order for anyone to be able to contact you.
OK, I just deleted some private messages.

Auto Transport Service
Back