• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer right, odometer wrong

Car #4

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
My speedometer is accurate as compared to a speedometer app on my phone. I tested the app against my 15 Challenger and I'm satisfied that it's accurate. But the odometer clocks miles at a rate that is about 40% too high. What's up with this?

Oh damn! Your right! I never thought of that. My other oldies are in miles so kilometres never dawned on me. So it’s still not accurate but now it’s reading a little low. Oh well, mystery solved. Thanks.

If the speedo is im MPH, why would the odometer be in Kms ?!?!?

If the speedo is im MPH, why would the odometer be in Kms ?!?!?
Only logic is the speed part might of been calibrated or the face redone. The odometer being 40 percent off it what triggered my response.

The primary numbers on the speedometer are in kilometres with miles in smaller numbers below them. This is a Canadian truck. So it makes sense that the odometer is in kilometres by 78. I just hadn’t thought of that.

Auto Transport Service
Back