• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sport Satellite 6-Packs

Pastortom1

Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
Any of you'se guys have the scoop on the Sport Satellite models with the hemi style scoop from the factory? (I think they were 440-6's).

I'm wondering what they were exactly, how many were produced, anmd with what options............

I've seen pics of a couple here and there, and really love the cars.

Any info? Pics?

Are you sure a 440 of any kind was available in a satellite? according to the original brochures on the Coronet I have a 383 4v , not a magnum just a 4v was the bigest engine you could get on the base models. the superbee and R/T were the only models with higher performance options. seems like plymouth would have done the same thing with the GTX and Roadrunner but I'm not sure.

Any of you'se guys have the scoop on the Sport Satellite models with the hemi style scoop from the factory? (I think they were 440-6's).

I'm wondering what they were exactly, how many were produced, anmd with what options............

I've seen pics of a couple here and there, and really love the cars.

Any info? Pics?

To the best of my knowledge they never made a 440-6 Sport Satellite. They made some 440-6 Sport Furys (C bodies.)

Only could have been had from Mr. Norm or some other dealership mod

Was there an option for a hemi-scooped hinged hood on the Sport Satellite in 69?

I read an article (that I'm looking for) about such a car that was a limited production.......the hood and scoop were painted the same color as the car.........I would have sworn it was a 440-6 in it..........

Maybe it was a "one that never was" article............dang memory circuits...............:gah:

(I LOVED that stinkin' car...............now you'se tells me it doesn't exist....)

Are you sure a 440 of any kind was available in a satellite? according to the original brochures on the Coronet I have a 383 4v , not a magnum just a 4v was the bigest engine you could get on the base models. the superbee and R/T were the only models with higher performance options. seems like plymouth would have done the same thing with the GTX and Roadrunner but I'm not sure.

Plymouth did do the same thing. In fact most Sport satellites and Coronet 500's had 318's in them. The only other engine options was 383 2V, and 383 4V engines. GTX and Coronet R/T had a 440 or HIME in them. Super Bee and Road Runners had 383 4V and HIMI 68 and 440 plus six or six pack 69 1/2. It's funny the Charger got every mopar engine but the six pack in 69. I think all the combinations of trim plus its looks is what has made it the most popular muscle car of all time. In 93 muscle car magazine also said the 440 is the best engine ever made.:yes:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back