• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel Fuel Line Choice

67Survivor!

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
I want replace the steel line that runs from the pump (mechanical) to the carb, (Carter AFB). There are two choices that I found, a one piece and a two piece. Does anyone has experience with either?

The 2 piece is probably for an inline fuel filter. I would use that without question…

The two piece would be correct original for a '67. In '68, Chrysler introduced a vapor separator canister that also served as a fuel filter on GTXs and R/Ts. These cars use the one piece line to the carb, with the separator can emptying into a return line that feeds back to the gas tank.

I met a guy with a survivor '67 Hemi GTX at Carlisle a few years back. He had driven it in from Ohio, and had major problems with vapor lock on the trip. Chrysler figured out how to solve the problem the next model year. I've run the factory separator on all my GTXs (68s, and 69s). Greatly improved hot starting on cars that had the separator removed by previous owners.

Last edited:
The two piece would be correct original for a '67. In '68, Chrysler introduced a vapor separator canister that also served as a fuel filter on GTXs and R/Ts. These cars use the one piece line to the carb, with the separator can emptying into a return line that feeds back to the gas tank.

I met a guy with a survivor '67 Hemi GTX at Carlisle a few years back. He had driven it in from Ohio, and had major problems with vapor lock on the trip. Chrysler figured out how to solve the problem the next model year. I've run the factory separator on all my GTXs (68s, and 69s). Greatly improved hot starting on cars that had the separator removed by previous owners.
Is it two piece because the filter goes between them?

Thanks! Do you know if the filter is a clamp on or does it have threaded fittings? I'm learning Mopars as I go!

I want replace the steel line that runs from the pump (mechanical) to the carb, (Carter AFB). There are two choices that I found, a one piece and a two piece. Does anyone has experience with either?
You should refer to the FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL for your year/model/engine combination.....the FSM clearly shows the fuel line layout.....
BOB RENTON

You should refer to the FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL for your year/model/engine combination.....the FSM clearly shows the fuel line layout.....
BOB RENTONI
At this time I don't have access to that particular manual. That's why I asked the question here.

At this time I don't have access to that particular manual. That's why I asked the question here.
The FSMs are available on line at no charge. Select your year/model/engine znd VIEW the layout and later print the applicable portion.....
BOB RENTON

Service Manuals – MyMopar

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back