• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strut rods

71RRHI

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
After cleaning my strut rods for a coat of black paint, noticed there are tooth marks, on one of them. I know this is bad on torsion bars due to they are made of spring steel, but does it matter on strut rods?
16496303306547951208941900661125.jpg
16496303941113189738275006003525.jpg

No, but you could file and buff it out before paint. Someone used vicegrips to hold it while tightening the nut holding it to the LCA.

If you want a more correct finish, I believe they should have a natural steel look, not black. It's entirely your car and your call!

Last edited:
No, but you could file and buff it out before paint. Someone used vicegrips to hold it while tightening the nut holding it to the LCA.

Thanks, that is what I thought, but just wanted to check.

Sand and then use a needle gun before you dip them.

If you want a more correct finish, I believe they should have a natural steel look, not black. It's entirely your car and your call!
Thanks, not going for perfect show car, just a nice driver. I want the suspension parts clean, and rust free. So black paint is fine with me.

Auto Transport Service
Back