• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Bee Lift Off Hood Core Support

MarineMopar

Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
Last year I purchased a stinger lift off hood for my 69 Super Bee. I just got it back from the painter and I am in the process of installing it. I have the rear brackets, pedestal rods and the Detroit Muscle 69.5 A12 Pin Kit. The issue I am having is the Core support hole and the fender to core support mount hole are not big enough for the pin. The obvious solution is to drill the hole larger and install the pin. The question is were these holes drilled larger from the factory when the hood treatment package was applied or the A12 package was selected? Research of the hood pins has confirmed that all hood pins A12 or Hood Treatment Pins were 1/2 diameter Plymouth and Dodge. Does anyone have a picture of a 69 fender that accommodates a hood pin that shows the hole without the pin installed?

I put a lift-off on my ‘68 back in the mid-70’s. Had to drill all 4 holes, just a tad over 1/2”. Worked out great. (Jar head also?) Semper Fi

Welcome to FBBO, from NorCal Sierras

sounds like a cool A12 69 Bee (clone/tribute ? I assume) project

we need some photos of said project

maybe 1st go to the welcome wagon here introduce yourself
maybe give us some background get to know each other
maybe share a story or 2 & some photos etc.

I installed a A12 hood lift off style & pins, lanyards
on my 68 RR
68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #4 PS frt.JPG

68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #5a frt hood.JPG

the core support on 68's b-bodies or fenders
didn't have the provisions for the pins you need to make a mount, drill holes
the rears were a bolt in deal replacing the hinges, mine was all from Year One

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I have tracked down the task instructions for the A12 hood see the attached JPG. The cars are mine including the Super Bee I am applying the A12 hood to.

IMG_1737.jpg

A12 hood Instructions.jpg

Can't hardly see let alone read that...
& I'm on a PC with A 19" Screen

anyway good luck
a link to a post that has the technical bulletin posted and a copy of the bulletin for easier reading.

69cars4_a.jpg

69cars3_a.jpg

69cars2_a.jpg

69cars1_a.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back