• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 99 99 paint code

KAPSBIRD

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
So my Road Runner has a paint code 99 99 Omaha Orange. With all my looking,They only made them/paint in cali less than 500? Rare?
IMG_1121.jpg

I don't think it was just a Cali thing and 99 code didn't necessarily meen Omaha Orange but any color that was not standard for the model. I've heard that number kicked around before too but don't know how accurate it could be, why would it be known how many 99 cars were produced when nobody knows how many of each of the standard colors were produced. All that being said, yes it is rare, nice car and welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Pretty sure that color was only painted in the Los Angles plant between Dec 68 and ending feb 7 69. only special order , than switching to K2 , just curious. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Pretty sure that color was only painted in the Los Angles plant between Dec 68 and ending feb 7 69. only special order , than switching to K2 , just curious. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I think Matt's assessment is accurate. I don't know why the factory would count Omaha Orange cars and not the rest. What's your documentation on that number?

One can find Omaha Orange cars from other plants. Please notice the October SPD on this car.

69_Omaha_600.jpg

I don't think it was just a Cali thing and 99 code didn't necessarily meen Omaha Orange but any color that was not standard for the model. I've heard that number kicked around before too but don't know how accurate it could be, why would it be known how many 99 cars were produced when nobody knows how many of each of the standard colors were produced. All that being said, yes it is rare, nice car and welcome to the site from the Motor City!

I think Matt has it right. 99 was the code for any non standard color.

Auto Transport Service
Back