• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This past weekends results at NMCA US131

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Went to 131 for 2 events this weekend. Ran the NMCA vs GLSSA shoot out featuring N/SS, S/S, Stock 32 car field. Then NMCA N/SS. Since N/SS is index and the shoot out was dial-in I made the decision to dial 9.25 for every run in both classes. Fridays weather was really good. This was my first index event of the year. We started with 275lbs of ballast. Missed by alittle bit making a 9.27 pass. Our 2nd hit was 9.22. Close enough to work with. 1st rd was a double B/O. He was .036 .02 under to my .038 .007 under. Rd 2 is a guy that runs 4 classes. I had to be on it at the stripe. his .009 to my .031. scrub off 9 mph and .03 to a 9.28 Taking .011. Rd 3 I saw his red light. That caused me to lose concentration and I red lighted as well. Ran another 9.21. Rd 4 not sure what happened. My ballast prediction had been wierd all weekend. Weather had us moving more than 125lbs to stay on dial. Had him on the tree .020 to .034. Couldn't run better than a all out 9.30. He gets me by .012 at the stripe. So a semi final finish. Now onto 1st rd NMCA. Again the weather prediction has me set up to fast. I'm on the brake early and scrub 15 mph. The stripe is super tight, to tight and his win light is on. Damn, then I see why when I get the slip. My .009/9.253 .012 pack to his .007/10.253 .011 pack. Margin of victory computed to 4". Great weekend none the less. My buddy Daves Trick Flow equipted Satellite made the semis. We'll be in Columbus next weekend to try again.
Doug

20240720_205423.jpg

Whether your tune is dead on or a little off you're still always in the hunt. These are some tough hombres you're up against with such tight margins. Could be anyone's win light or red light.

Get 'em next time.

Auto Transport Service
Back