• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This years iteration, no castle wall will stand

3sloppydogs

Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
The pumpkin chuckin contest is back on this year at our church fall fest. I have to defend my honor as I won the title last year. This year’s model is way stronger and larger. I should be able to laugh about 400 ft. I still need to tune it up. Which is essentially changing the release pin angle and sling length. I am using six 110lb tractor wheel weights.

IMG_4880.jpeg

IMG_4879.jpeg

IMG_4878.jpeg

modern Trebuchet ?

pretty cool,
go get em'

400ft + dang !!
how heavy is the pumpkins ?
is there a mandatory or min. std. size ?
or whatever size you want to chuck ?

Just go for it...

sounds like fun
we'll need video now of course :thumbsup:

8lb pumpkin
Last year I built it out of framing lumber using screws and Simpson storm ties to hold it together. It lasted long enough to win. It also had a 1” pivot for the arm which bent.
This year I bolted it together and used a 2” steel bar for the pivot with pillow block bearings. I want this one to last
Its name is: The arm of God

NICE!! I need to build one to throw the squirrels from my island over to a neighbours island.
:rofl: First you got to catch them and then make them be still long enough to launch :D

You may be a redneck...

That is too cool! I can think of all kinds of stuff that would fly. Good luck defending your title.

Words of the day: Send It!!!

Been thinking of doing something like this with an old torsion bar

8lb pumpkin
Last year I built it out of framing lumber using screws and Simpson storm ties to hold it together. It lasted long enough to win. It also had a 1” pivot for the arm which bent.
This year I bolted it together and used a 2” steel bar for the pivot with pillow block bearings. I want this one to last
Its name is: The arm of God
great name too

Smiley Thumbs Up - huge.jpg

That looks way more fun than tater guns! Awesome ! Good luck!

Hopefully if the sun shines tomorrow I can do some testing
And yes I have been accused of being red
I wear the banner with pride
It is really fun and exciting
Sending pumpkins through the air is a big time.
The grandkids think it’s a hoot

Last edited:
That’s a hold my beer moment ! Let her rip JR! We need a good video of this! Or we don’t know that it actually works!

Good question , I don’t know myself! Where is Joey?

Gotta upload it to youtube then post the link here. The software won't let you post a video directly to the site.

Auto Transport Service
Back