• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts , My 1966 Satellite with wheel / hubcaps changes. Decisions, decisions oh which way to go

gtx6970

Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Had some time today. Having recently picked up a few spare tire / wheels sets. So I decided to see the different views how they look before I mount my new tires up

First with an all blackwall tire and stock hubcap. This is my least favorite WAY to much black

Not good odds this is the look I will end up with

black1.jpg

black2.jpg

black3.jpg

black4.jpg

black5.jpg

black6.jpg

black7.jpg

Same tire , Only whitewall. Which is the tires I have new. Just in a good bit larger size tire than one the car here

white1.jpg

white2.jpg

white3.jpg

white4.jpg

white5.jpg

white6.jpg

white7.jpg

Nothing wrong with your wheels :thumbsup: Only other wheels for me would be cragar ss

Slightly larger tire in a RWL. I only have the 2 of these that are mounted . But are ancient tires so not to be driven on.
Simply cking to see if I like the look.
I kinda like it, Bot not sure if its the rwl or the larger tires to fill the opening

rwl1.jpg

rwl2.jpg

rwl3.jpg

rwl4.jpg

rwl5.jpg

rwl6.jpg

rwl7.jpg

rwl8.jpg

rwl9.jpg

Nothing wrong with your wheels :thumbsup: Only other wheels for me would be cragar ss
No arguments.
Im simply wanting to run the OE spinner wheel covers for a while

No arguments.
Im simply wanting to run the OE spinner wheel covers for a while
For what it's worth, the look I would favor for your car would be a blue line with full hubcap, but black wall would be next.

Ive seen a twin to my car , Black with red interior, hemi only 4 spd.
She has the blue lines on it. Sorry, NOT a fan IMO they clashed with the red interior and look out of place on the car .
Any other interior and It would be no arguments from me

A friend of mine has a set of 14 inch steel wheels with redlines on it. I may borrow and see how they look on my car

I usually run redlines on chrome magnums. Im simply wantting to run the stock wheel covers for a while.

Cragers are not an option

a1.jpeg

IMG_20210607_112610340_HDR.jpg

66 was blue lines, or narrow white walls, either would look good with your spinner caps. I love white letters on a 67, but don't think they do anything for a 66 that still retains the stock trim. JMO.

I also vote blue or red with the spinners.
Not black wall and not rwl.

I like the thin white walls or black walls with the hubcaps.

If you are staying with the wheel covers, I vote for redlines. Rwl would be my second choice.
But I haven't cared for white walls and wheel covers for several decades now.
And I don't care much for chrome wheels either. Imo, too hard to maintain, always seemed to rust in the old days.
Gimme a gray torque thrust on anything.

Auto Transport Service
Back