• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today’s healthcare…WTF

All I know is doctors didn't drive a Prius or Sonata when I was growing up. I wonder what happened to change that? It seems as if somebody figured out a way to relieve private doctors of a good portion of their rightful earnings and give it to an ever tightening pool of providers (bureaucrats) at the same time. F'n stroke of genius!
In the 1960s, my wife's father was the only doctor for a rural county located next one over from where we live today. Just discussing today, how he made house calls at all hours of the night, had a heated garage to make sure the car would start dependably in winter. People my sister in law knows in that county today have a hard time believing that really happened in their area.

The car he drove was a new Cadillac, traded every three years. He accepted produce and meat as payment from farmers who were tight on cash. The only time insurance was in play was when he performed surgery, and even then, I've seen the thank you letters my wife has saved, where he performed it for free when someone didn't have the means to pay. I've seen his old tax returns, and like the truck drivers of his era, he earned between two and three times what the job pays today.

In addition to the insurance bureaucracy, another factor working against us today is the cost of litigation. My father in law had only three malpractice suits in his career, and they were all dismissed. The tragic downside of his practice was that the stress of the job killed him when he was only 43.

Last edited:
Mine had fingers like pork chops. :lol:

The German Doctor who did my second one said after he had finished...."I only vish my fingers were longer" :rofl:

I told him I thought they were long enough! :rolleyes:
Did you actually see both his hands...... LOL.

After years of shitty doctors I finally got coverage that allows me to used a guy I've known since the late 70's.. Back then his daily driver was a 71 Cuda 440-6 Shaker... He still owns it, and a bunch of other stuff... Small town GP.. He & his team are great... Unfortunately he's wanting to retire... Don't blame him but what comes next...

So today I had to re arrange my afternoon cause a guy I gave a job to could not meet another guy to finish an issue with a gold fish pond on an estate my wife and I manage. I have been taking care of about 80 goldfish in a 150 gallon stock tank waiting to get them back in the 1400 gallon pond… Anyway last week he fell off a ladder and through a tree. A branch went through his fore arm. He rushed to urgent care, they nerve blocked it and cleaned out and up the wound and stitched him up then sent him home. A few days later his hand and fore arm is swollen like Popeye’s fore arm… He said he drained a quart of **** out of it. Went back they looked at it and he got a stronger antibiotic and they said all should be fine in a few days.. This morning he went the ER and he called me said it’s real bad that they are admitting him for emergency surgery and that he was getting sepsis. He sent me this this evening as when they cut open the wound again they pulled this out!!!! WTF?

View attachment 1688863
Years back in the ER after suffering an attack by 2 pit bulls, they ordered x rays before they sewed me up to stop the bleeding, I asked why the X rays? They said they needed to insure the dogs left no broken teeth inside the wound, I suspect a normal x ray would have prevented this oversight.

Years back in the ER after suffering an attack by 2 pit bulls, they ordered x rays before they sewed me to stop the bleeding, I asked why the X rays? They said they needed to insure the dogs left no broken teeth inside the wound, I suspect a normal x ray would have prevented this oversight.
I had my wife's car in the shop for a flat last month. Mechanic who did the work has been there a long time. Said he's never amazed at what comes out in flat repairs. Multiple dog teeth was one of his better examples.

Auto Transport Service
Back