• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion bar removal help

davek

Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
So I plan on pulling my k frame out on the 70 charger. Just wanted to know if this is right. Torsion bar pull back clip,take out torsion bar ajuster bolt on LCA,unhook UCA. Car off ground. Does that take the load off the torsion bar so I can remove it? Do I need to pull the front boot on the torsion bar,? Thanks for any help. Dave

Dadsbee we is correct. When I did mine, I had to put a big crescent wrench near one end and give it an extra 1/8th turn and they slid out. It’s a surprisingly easy job

if they are to be replaced, I take the weight off and cut them with the tool of death........ it takes minutes :eek:

You shouldn’t need to remove the torsion bar adjusting bolts - just loosen them enough so they are free to move. For the front boots, I would make sure they are not stuck to the bar and will let the bar slide- you don’t want them giving you extra resistance and maybe damage them.

Auto Transport Service
Back