• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two 68 chargers wiw

72 BLUE 400

Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Found the remains of two 68 chargers,1 was a 383 4 speed car with ac,still has gauges with tic toc tach,steering column some trim,otherwise pretty stripped 2nd one is a 383 auto console car,has seats,complete dash with tic toc tach,console with shifter,both have titles and bins,no fender tags,both have front suspension and rear ends,nice roofs and glass,wow as a package deal

IMG_2172.png

IMG_2173.png

IMG_2174.png

IMG_2175.png

IMG_2176.png

IMG_2177.png

IMG_2178.png

You need to pull them out to assess them.

they will be in my back yard thursday agreed on a price for the 2 68 chargers and a 72 340 duster gunmetal grey

Nice Score.......if you gave less than 3K

You need to pull them out to assess them.
Yep from where it sits hard to put any kind of value on them

looks like junk, what's scrap going for now ?
money pits to try to bring back, $70k+ to restore at a min.
maybe only if you can do it all yourself,
IMHFO it's no doubt probably more like $90k
& another $25k in sheet-metal, $10k in shipping parts
in the real world

Maybe a few parts, salvaged, 'may-be' restorable parts
& maybe some of the stuff in with all the junk inside too
for parts cars, judging from the rust/junk you can see
it's not great
not worth $1,000 for the 2 shown

is there even engines or trans there ?
rear ends may not be rusted junk, doesn't look good
maybe a bit more if they aren't complete rusted junk too
another maybe $1,000

Personally
I wouldn't touch them, way too far gone, not worth it
have thousand hrs labor & $70k+ to bring back at all,
depending if any parts are worth anything still
maybe piece them out, may make your $$$ back
IMO just money pits

sorry
good luck, to each there own

Last edited:
Found the remains of two 68 chargers,1 was a 383 4 speed car with ac,still has gauges with tic toc tach,steering column some trim,otherwise pretty stripped 2nd one is a 383 auto console car,has seats,complete dash with tic toc tach,console with shifter,both have titles and bins,no fender tags,both have front suspension and rear ends,nice roofs and glass,wow as a package deal

View attachment 1699310

View attachment 1699311

View attachment 1699312

View attachment 1699313

View attachment 1699314

View attachment 1699315

View attachment 1699316
Looks like a crapload of rust to me, if you see that much outside
just imagine how much is hidden & down low by the earth
not much salvageable

& you can't tell **** by them photos
to each their own

run forest run

With the current prices of second generation Charger rollers,you will do fine on them. Clean them up make the roll,and put them up for sale. Unless you want to build one of them for yourself.

The 383 4-speed with a/c has got to be a pretty rare car. However, to do those cars right, you're going to dump at least a hundred grand into each of them.

I'm afraid they're worth WAY more than a grand apiece, even just as parts cars. Up north here, I've seen worse carcasses, rustbuckets with no interior or powertrains asking 8 - 10 grand.
Rebuildable cars I can see selling for that much. . Parts cars only, I would say no more than 2-3000. All the parts left are just cores. Most of it can't be just cleaned up and reused.

Rebuildable cars I can see selling for that much. . Parts cars only, I would say no more than 2-3000. All the parts left are just cores. Most of it can't be just cleaned up and reused.
I sold a roller with nothing in it for 5 grand about five years ago, and with a few parts thrown at it,needing all the usual metal work it sold for $17,500 recently and people were saying what a great deal it was.

I sold a roller with nothing in it for 5 grand about five years ago, and with a few parts thrown at it,needing all the usual metal work it sold for $17,500 recently and people were saying what a great deal it was.
What's the old saying? "a fool and his money are soon parted" The deal is if you're selling, of course you want top dollar. Buying? only worth a couple thousand.

So far, the cars pictured are worth between $1000 and $17,500. Buy them for whatever you feel comfortable paying.

What Charger carcasses are selling for will blow your mind. Over the years, I'd passed on cars in better shape than what these rusted hulks are going for. Of course, asking to evaluate a car while they're sitting in the middle of the Amazon rain forest is ridiculous.

Auto Transport Service
Back