• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U S Military Patches

snakeyes

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg
Ski will no this one

Hmm
Seen that ONCE before if I recall
I remember cuz my Bud Jimmy Sommer's asked about the patch and said: "what do you guys chase?"
Maybe 1984-ish?
Stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB, we were TDY to Edwards in the "Snoopys" and we were chasing a Cruise Missile being dropped from a Barksdale Louisiana B-52 (ALCM 86B)
@12 hour flight, 3 hours red-rad from the B-52 from Edwards zero-dark 30 hours and then the "drop" & 8+ chasing this damn thing all through the desert, towards Vegas and up to Utah test range
After the flight, we landed back at Edwards two captains USAF were at Base Ops (old Bade ops, not the Tony Stark building, yes the Iron Man movie, Tony Stark's headquarters
("Stark Industries is the Edwards Base Ops))
Two "Jockeys" landed at in a Corasair A-7
HEAVILY MODded with antenna all over the jet
They asked what we did with ARIA and asked if they could take a peep inside
We gave them a "tour" of ARIA
They really "Dug" it.
We asked what they did, saw the A-7
They said they chased something in the night like we did
We kind of figured it was something out of Tonopah, NV because at the time the F-117 was disguised as a A-7 group out at Tonopah (Cover story at least)
PS: No tail markings on their A-7s with was a distinctive "give a way"
Interesting to note, months earlier a Black Project Jet crashed during night time testing at Edwards, we heard what the jet was (117)

USAF Black Ops Area 51 4452nd Goat Suckers A-7 Cosair Aviation Test Pilot s

Hmmm
No Clue what so ever
Being Air Force, I say the bottom phrase, "each letter" stands for a word...?

I like the new Pegasus test Ops patch!:thumbsup:
usaf-boeing-velcro-patch-kc-46a-my-little-pegasus-experimental-flight-test_151844006507.jpg

20 SOS Patch.jpg
SOS-31-1031.jpg

I had the honor and privilege of wearing both these patches (and several others) during my AF career.

Last edited:
449th Combat Aviation Brigade. The 449th TAB deployed to Iraq in November 2008 and assumed the role of Multi-National Division – Central Combat Aviation Brigade at Baghdad International Airport. In March of 2009, they gained additional battle space and controlled the largest battle space for any CAB in theater.

6cd63fb7-0b3a-4d3f-8c4a-8558a875b29f.png

Last edited:
73rd Signal Bn 85-88
2ndSigBde_patch.jpg
, USAISC 88-90
5th%20SIGNAL%20COMD%20patch%201.jpg
, 565th Ord Co 90-92
32nd%20AADCOM%20patch%20sm.jpg
, 501st Sig Bn 101st ABN Div 92-94
101stAirbornePatch3.jpg

Ghostriders. Iraqis said they would just suddenly "appear" out of seemingly nowhere. Scared the piss out of them.

Auto Transport Service
Back