• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underdash A/C

gtxdana

Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
1720579235448.png

Has anyone used this under dash unit and have some pictures of it installed in a 68-70 B-Body?

I'm thinking about adding this Vintage Air Mark IV under dash unit in my 70 GTX so I can have A/C and keep the restored factory heater unit rather than use the complete VA system with that firewall plate. Going for a dealer installed A/C interior look since it's an original V-Code car. With a Sanden compressor I won't need to cut the air cleaner base and I can route the hoses under the inner fender to keep the firewall clean.

I used the Vintage Air system in my 63 Belvedere. Mine is heat and air.
Looks different but I'm sure works the same as the one you pictured.
Had it out yesterday 112* here in Southern Nevada. Blowing 34* on low fan.
I do not use any electric fans for the radiator Running a factory replacement Cordoba rad and fan shroud.
My only complaint is the fan speeds are too fast. Low is all I use.
Same as you going for the period look.

IMG_0007.JPG

I'm sure it works fine. Probably made by the same overseas company that makes the rest of them. Blower motor, fan speed switch and evaporator. Pretty simple.

I just picked up and installed a complete under dash system for $515 from Amazon and I'm happy with the cooling. 62 Belvedere.
Screenshot_20240826_060854_Adblock Browser.jpg
20240907_163644.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back