• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underhood picture of A/C Hose Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariposa Mike

Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Car is 1966 Charger and I have been searching for an underhood picture of a stock A/C car hose bracket. Next to the battery where the condenser hose is going by it appears there is a bracket to hold the hose on the inner fender flat support. The car I have has an all metal bracket holding the hose and I cannot imagine that is correct. I'm thinking it should be one of the rubber lined metal brackets. Would anyone have a picture of what it looks like? Cannot seem to find this in previous posts.

IMG_0676.jpeg
IMG_0675.jpeg
IMG_0674.jpeg
IMG_0673.jpeg
I believe I have a non stock replacement line to the condenser and don't know what it should look like or if it's even available. Might have to be custom made if I can find the design. Current line feeds thru the core support and across the front of the radiator/condenser area. Pictures will show you how it's routed and the clamp that was in place. It's a U shaped clamp around a rather thick rubber hose. Looks nothing like your picture. I also have a hood latch release line and one wire loom in the area. Those are stock. So a 66 Charger might be different than your car which looks newer and different under the hood with a metal line, which is probably what should be in my car but routed differently. I have yet to find a picture of my year with the stock A/C. But that might make the clamps the same as you mention.

Your U- shaped clamp appears to be a conduit clamp for EMT or PVC. The clamps on the radiator support are universal Adel clamps, not OEM.
Mike

Is that line original? By that I mean was it available as a part you replaced? The rubber and lines look great. Well, the whole compartment looks great. Thank you for sending those pics. This really helps and if I get a picture of a 66 with that routing then it must be so. The hole in the front radiator support for mine could have been there for another purpose or drilled to accommodate the large rubber hose. So maybe the metal lines are supposed to route like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back