• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using a LS DBW TB on a G3 Hemi - Anyone doing it?

70chall440

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
As the subject line asks, is anyone out there running a LS DBW TB on a G3 Hemi? I am asking because I am currently using a Holley single plane intake on my 2019 crate 5.7 (not running yet) which is a 4150 style intake. Holley makes an adapter to install a LS DBW TB onto a 4150 intake but do not make an adapter for the 5.7-6.4 throttle bodies. Someone does make an adapter for a Hellcat TB on a 4150 style intake but it is different than a 5.7 - 6.4 TB.

I have modified the Holley LS adapter to get my stock 5.7 TB mounted and I am not sure if it will work (it should) but I am looking at potential options if it doesn't. As I see it my options are;

- get a LS DBW TB which would bolt right up, however I do not know how to interface that with the Mopar DBW harness/pedal (I am using a 2015 Jeep Cherokee pedal and a Holley Terminator X max ECU)

- get a Hellcat TB and the adapter from Modern Muscle Xtreme which should bolt up and plug in but is a bit large for a stock 5.7 I'd think although I do not think it was be a net negative as the engine will use whatever air it wants. That said a HC TB is not super cheap depending on where it is obtained from plus I'd have to get the adapter as well.

Of course someone will say that I should go to drive by cable which means I would have to convert what I have which I am not real interested in.

Someone else might say to go carb since I have a 4150 intake - not happening

Yet someone else could offer that I should go with one of aftermarket throttle bodies designed to bolt onto a 4150 intake which is an option but I don't know how my existing wiring and pedal would work with one of those.

Just throwing ideas against the wall here and wanted to see if anyone out there had gone down any of these paths.

Last edited:
This may work if you stack adapters. Holley Hemi - THROTTLE BODY ADAPTER PLATE

Or maybe ask Tapped if they can make one. They have their own CNC.

Thanks but that isn't going to work as it is. I have access to a CNC so I could design and have an adapter cut.

I think my real question is if someone out there is running a DBW LS TB on a Hemi and if so how they made it work.

I am a little surprised that Holley made the 4150 intake for a Hemi but nothing much beyond that (on the intake side).

Auto Transport Service
Back