• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vacuum line routing for 1971 Charger Headlamp Washers

Convertcuda

Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
Would anyone have any info on how the vacuum lines where routed on a 71 charger headlight washer system. Any information on how the vacuum part of the washer system works? Thanks for help!

Would anyone have any info on how the vacuum lines where routed on a 71 charger headlight washer system. Any information on how the vacuum part of the washer system works? Thanks for help!

This is from the parts book. A photo of the routing system on an actual car would probably be better.

HL wiper washer.jpg

Thanks,I bought this car in boxes trying to figure out how vacuum routing goes and how the wiper brush gets turned on. Hoping more will chime in.
Send me a private message and I will reply to your message with some pictures

Thanks - hoping I can see a pic of the solenoid on actual car. I see it in the pic but hard to make it out on the core support.
I've never seen the actual system, I just happened to get this body service manual years ago & remembered seeing the headlight wipers in the manual... I dug it out & snapped photos of that info... I'm betting it was a pretty rare option...

I've never seen the actual system, I just happened to get this body service manual years ago & remembered seeing the headlight wipers in the manual... I dug it out & snapped photos of that info... I'm betting it was a pretty rare option...
Yep thanks for the effort and gives me a idea where it might go. The actual car with this option would super awesome. My came with it but all in boxes

The P refers to the placement of the solenoid and the 2 holes in front of hood bumper seams to correspond to solenoid bracket. The tubing also looks like it all end up in the area.
But I have never seen it either.

IMG_2953.jpeg

IMG_2954.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back