• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vapor Lock issues

m79ded

Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi

I'm having Vapor lock issues on my 451 It had a 3/8 in and out no return.
I put in a Mopar 5/16 in and out 1/4 return and solved the ussue except fittings on carter HP pump are 3/8 and hoses came loose 2 times and scared of fire hazzard. Looking for a 3/8 inand out with 1/4 " return and I see a bunch of part numbers and it seems not an easy part to find. Anyone know where they sell those? I found a cross ref and only was able to find the A/C Delco from GM resto shop. If anyone has some help on that greatly appreciate it

Hi

I put in a Mopar 5/16 in and out 1/4 return and solved the ussue except fittings on carter HP pump are 3/8 and hoses came loose 2 times and scared of fire hazzard. Looking for a 3/8 inand out with 1/4 " return and I see a bunch of part numbers and it seems not an easy part to find. Anyone know where they sell those? I found a cross ref and only was able to find the A/C Delco from GM resto shop. If anyone has some help on that greatly appreciate it
Maybe use a 3/8 out female reducer to size you need at hardware store

Hi

Looks like me and you are in the same boat lol. I typed in all of these part numbers and nothing came back. Seems like only 5/16 are available. I know this post was a few months ago but let me know if and where you ended up finding one. The only thing I have found is the GF-98 on ebay which is a gm fuel filter..runs about $40-50 bucks or the reproduction mopar vapor separator which is also on ebay and a few online sites, but has to be mounted to the fuel pump with the attached bracket. I'm guessing the standard ones above aren't produced anymore but it would be nice to find a place with some leftovers in the back of the warehouse.

Mopar vapor separator is what you need. 5/16" diameter line is plenty big enough for almost any street application. I have not been able to find any of the 3/8" filters with the 1/4" return port on them, lately. If 3/8 hoses are slipping off of the 5/16 fittings, go the other way, put the 5/16" hose onto the 3/8" fittings.

Auto Transport Service
Back