• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vert rear seat belt hole location?

Geff McCarthy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
my 63 has front belts, but i want to add rear belts. Anyone know of a recommended location to drill? I can measure the distance and angle of the front belts, but would prefer the factory recommendation.

my 63 has front belts, but i want to add rear belts. Anyone know of a recommended location to drill? I can measure the distance and angle of the front belts, but would prefer the factory recommendation.
I will try to take some pictures since my back seat is out right now. On a 66-70, the rear interior panels have a square cour out at the bottom (can’t see the cut outs with the seat installed). Behind the square hole is a piece of vertical steel (maybe 3” x 3”) that has a large nut welded to it and the steel piece is welded to the floorboard

I will try to take some pictures since my back seat is out right now. On a 66-70, the rear interior panels have a square cour out at the bottom (can’t see the cut outs with the seat installed). Behind the square hole is a piece of vertical steel (maybe 3” x 3”) that has a large nut welded to it and the steel piece is welded to the floorboard
Here's a picture of a 66 . They go straight into the back.
20240725_124951.jpg

Where they go through the floorpan There is a large plate with a nut welded to it so they won't tear through the sheetmetal

1970 brought changes to the rear seat belts never seen before.

Auto Transport Service
Back