• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted 1962 Dodge Dart interior door panels.

6t4polara

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
!962 Dodge Dart two door hard top interior door cardboard panels.
Looking for a set for a friend. This is the piece that the upholstery is affixed to and clips to the door.
Other years may work not sure.
Located Metro Detroit area.

Thanks.

I had to have my Door panels made by SMS. I only had to wait 18 months for them. Good luck trying to find a set. AS far as I know no one makes and stocks them.

I used my old cardboard ones for a template and bought a sheet of abs plastic and made my own,turned out great and won't deteriorate..

Jeff how did you fit the plastic over the curve on the top of the door.
What fasteners did you use to attach the plastic to the door.
Thanks

You really need the metal pieces (attach to top of door curve) ....I think Jeff is saying he used abs for the backing board ONLY?

You will need to find these metal strips as the backing boards and also the whiskers (fuzzies) are attached to them .ABS won't work here!

IMAG0669.jpgIMAG0670.jpgIMAG0671.jpg1962 polara is right, you need the steel pieces to connect the abs plastic to.

I believe there is a guy in California that makes these pieces out of Plastic or fiberglass, his name is Ed, check westernmopars.com

Wow that looks great Jeff. I'll keep that in mind for my 65 if I need to replace the panels.

Auto Transport Service
Back